1

Panther

The fireplace roars while the house turned silent. It's been weeks since I've seen Lemon and Tangerine. Those two are always being hired for the oddest jobs and I don't know what I would do with them. Looking out the window of my Tokyo apartment, I could hear the faint sounds of my phone ringing.

"Hello?" i answered

"Panther, you're needed." I sighed as I heard Maria on the other end. 

"I thought I told you I was done with this. Why do you need me now?" I asked picking up a framed photograph of Tangerine and I on our wedding day. 

"I know but it's an emergency. You're being partnered with Ladybug for a job. Can you do it?" 

"Why didn't you give the job to Carver?" I asked

"He's out so you two are filling in."  I rolled my eyes. Fucking Carver, what the hell was more important than him doing his job? Fucking dick. 

"Where is it? I'm in Toyko currently." i asked, sounding annoyed.

"Good, you don't need to fly anywhere. You're meeting him at the train station next to some lockers. There are already supplies planted for you. The number is 523."  I took a deep breath and agreed to take it. Getting dressed in my deep purple pinstripe suit I grabbed my gun and set it in the holster that was hidden underneath my blazer. I almost forgot to grab my black mask that covered my nose and mouth (A/N similar to the winter soldiers). Putting my hair up I was out the door to meet Ladybug.

***

Tokyo Station

I saw Ladybug walk up to the locker I was standing next to. He looked around trying to find the key. I rolled my eyes and picked the lock in under 5 seconds. 

"Thanks." he said while grabbing the items. I saw him pick up a vial of powder and think about it for a second before putting it in his bag. I grabbed the gun he set back down before quickly closing the locker.

"Why didn't you take the gun?" i asked

"Barry says every conflict is an opportunity for a peaceful..what was it?" I looked at him confused I cut him off

"And your handler and your partner say some conflicts require a gun." I said, holding up the gun for effect before putting it behind me. 

"You're my partner huh?" he asked, looking over at me with a raised eyebrow

"Call me Panther." 

"Shit." We said in unison before running to the train before the doors closed. We made it right on time. I sat down in the nearest seat and tightened my hair. 

"what's with the mask?" he asked 

"It's so i don't get recognized. It's just something I wear." He handed me an earpiece so we can be in communication with maria. 

"Hey this is nice" he said looking around. I got up and followed him through the train car. 

"Im thinking of starting up my own agency. You know, simple jobs all the time."

"Thats a terrible business plan." Maria said over the earpiece. 

"No more sociopaths, no more maniacs just quality people." I rolled my eyes as i heard Ladybug yammer on. Hes changed since he started seeing a therapist. 

"Okay, here we go. This bullet train has 16 cars. 10 economy, 6 first-class, and remember only one-minute stops at each station." We were informed. 

"Okay, a simple snatch-and-grab job. What are we snatching and or grabbing?" He asked. I was looking around our surroundings waiting for maria to answer. 

"A briefcase. Our intel says there's a train sticker on the handle." 

"Briefcases have owners and owners aren't simple." i stated. 

"The last update says the owners should be in economy class.

"Owners? plural?" i asked

"Why didn't you tell me to bring the gun?" he asked.

"I did but you chose spiritual enlightenment instead," she said. Soon we got stopped by the conductor asking for our tickets. Ladybug was looking around and he said he might have dropped it. Thankfully i managed to pickpocket some while i was waiting for him.

"Here ya go." I said. He nodded and let us on our way

"You saved our asses." I laughed a bit

"No im just smarter than you."