Chapter 4

"Um, what was that?" Susan asked as I moved down to sit next to her and Hannah. Around us things began to go back to normal. I simply shrugged and turned my attention to the quidditch field.

"What was what?" I asked, innocently.

"You saying yes to a date with Draco Malfoy?" Hannah replied.

"What, that?" I asked, smiling a little bit.

"Eden, why would you say yes? Is this another dare from the twins?" Susan questioned. She seemed genuinely concerned.

"No, no, it's just a date. Everything is fine," I soothed.

"Pfft, sure," Susan scoffed. She stood up and looked at me. "When the real Eden decides to show up, I'll be in the library," she said before walking away. I sat there, dumbfounded as I stared after her. I then turned my attention to Hannah. She sat there awkwardly, as if she wasn't sure what to do.

"Hannah?" I asked.

"Look, Eden, I think you do owe us an explanation. I'm going to go talk to Susan," she said. She got up and placed a hand on my shoulder before walking away too. I sat there for a little bit, thinking over everything, confused and uncomfortable from the amount of people staring at me.

My desired reality was hardly anything like I had desired. I was supposed to end up with Draco and my friends were supposed to support me. What was going on?

I got up and made my way down to the base of the quidditch stands. I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I almost didn't hear someone calling after me.

"Eden!" they called. "Eden!" I stopped and turned to see none other than Harry Potter jogging towards me.

"Oh, hi, Harry," I smiled.

"Eden! Is it true?" he asked, out of breath.

"Is what true?" I asked.

"You're going out with Malfoy?" he asked.

"Oh, really? You too? Everyone is so caught up on that," I sighed, crossing my arms.

"Right, well maybe its because its Malfoy," he replied sharply.

"I can date whoever I want. Besides, how did you even find out? He just asked me out," I stated.

"He's been bragging to anyone who will listen," Harry said, rolling his eyes. "You need to think long and hard about whether a date with him is really worth it." Harry's words rang loudly in my ears as he turned to walk away. Suddenly, he stopped. "We all care about you Eden. We don't want to see you get hurt." 

I sighed as Harry walked away and crossed my arms over my chest. Great, everyone is against the one thing I was hoping to come from my desired reality. I wandered around campus for a while, thinking over my options. I kept thinking about what Susan had said.

"When the real Eden decides to show up..."

But I'm not the Eden you know...

Perhaps there was only one thing to do. I needed to come clean about who I really was. It was risky, but what else could I do? Maybe it would help things. 

I wandered around, coming to a stop in front of the library doors. I took a deep breath before pushing the doors open and walking in. It was quiet, with exception of shuffling pages and scattered whispers. The shelves of books towered over me as I made my way around tables and book piles. Then I spotted Susan and Hannah seated at one end of a long wooden table, flipping aimlessly through books.

"Hi," I greeted quietly as I walked up to them. I smiled at the two girls and while Hannah returned the smile, Susan just rolled her eyes at me. "Look can we talk? Please?" I asked.