{ 16 }

The break between school semesters was rough, to say the least. Now that I knew the truth, about whom I thought to be my father, about me being snatched away I did not feel at home anymore. I felt like a stranger.

"You two were separated the night your parents died. Y/N, you've been having visions." Remus looked at me, "You must remember."

"Y/N, this is ridiculous you can't believe them!" Harry didn't look at me, he kept his eyes forward.

I looked to the ground as this was all happening way too fast, "Hush now, my baby, be still love. Don't cry. Sleep as you're rocked by my arms."

"What are you saying Y/N?" Harry tried to get me to pay attention.

"Sleep and remember my last lullaby..."

"I know that song..."

"So I'll be with you when you dream..." I looked up at Harry, wide-eyed, "It can't be. It can't be."

"Your mother trusted me to leave you here at Hogwarts the night of the attack." Sirius looked at me, "But he took you away from me."

"Who did?" I walked forward, but Harry grabbed my arm.

"Ask the man you call Father..."

I jolted awaked and breathed heavily with sweat dripping down my forehead. I swung my legs out of bed and pushed open my double balcony doors. I stepped out onto the cold concrete with my bare feet. I leaned against the solid concrete and looked at the night sky, "Gleaming in the moonlight. Cool and clean and all I've ever known. All I ever wanted."

 I turned around and walked back into my room where the smell of our candles in the hallway wafted to my nose, "Sweet perfumes of incense. Graceful rooms of solid concrete stone. All I ever wanted."

I opened my bedroom room and walked down our long hallways, "This is my home. With my father, mother, and brother. Oh so noble, oh so strong. Now I am home." I stopped in front of the shelf that held my trophies from my dance recitals, "Here among my trophies and belongings I belong. And if anybody doubts it, they couldn't be more wrong!"

I stopped in front of our family portrait again, "I am still the strong princess of Malfoy's. A daughter of the proud history that's shown, Etched here on the wall." I looked at our past relative's images and their accomplishments. Then I walked down to our Great Room with are massive fireplace, "Surely this is all I ever wanted. All I ever wanted. All I ever-" I noticed a candle was lit on a desk. I walked over and saw a letter Potter gave me before we left Hogwarts.

I got a massive headache and sat down on the couch as my vision shifted to a scene I have seen before. The night my birth parents died. Lily Potter held me and cast a spell before she handed me off to my Godfather.

Lily ran her thumb across their cheeks with a loving, sympathetic smile knowing this could be the last time she would see them together or if at all. "My kids, I have nothing I can give but this chance that you may live...."

"I've had this dream countless times, but I've never really looked into the meaning of it all..." I put my hand on my head as I lifted my eyes to see Father standing in front of the fire with his cane.

"Ah. Yes. The Potters." He spoke out but didn't glance at me.

"My family-you took me!" I stood up.

Lucius turned around and looked past me, "Sometimes one must do things. Make a bitter choice that scars your soul. This I never wanted." He then tilted his head to me making eye contact, "Fathers make decisions. I must keep our family safe and whole. Not just what I wanted." He reached his hand out to me, "My daughter--"

I stood up away from him, "Why would you call me that?" I then turned away and ran to the front garden as I heard my Father's echo.

"Y/N!"

I didn't turn back till I came to our large terrace in the front, "Glistening in the sunrise, see the fountain dance in greens and blues, All I ever wanted!" I walked down the stone stairs and looked at my reflection as the sky began to change to a morning hue.

"Now the water is singing, telling me how much it hurts to lose, all I ever wanted..." I felt a hand on my shoulder as it was my Mother who sat me down on the fountain's edge.

"This is your home, my daughter. Here the moonlight brought you and it's here the moonlight meant, to be your home..." She placed her hand on my cheek, "Now you know the truth, love. Now forget and be content. When the moon sends you a blessing, you don't ask why it was sent!"

Narcissa brought me inside where she helped me choose an outfit and pack for an event we were leaving for, just Draco, our Father, and I.

I sat at my vanity as she brushed my dark thick hair, "I am still a symbol of the Malfoys. A drop in the ripple of effects that glows from the silver moonlight. Now I know it's all I ever wanted. All I ever wanted. All I'll ever want!" I turned around and gave my mother an embrace.

Thus we went off to the Quidditch World Cup.