Chapter 1: the awakening *in the middle of a re write*

Tw: 

graphic descriptions

cannibalism

blood <33

-----------------

"Oliver Romero please come to the principal's office" the intercom repeated "ï repeat Oliver Romero to the principal's office"

'What has he done now?' I think to myself, sighing, and continuing on my way down to the cafeteria. There's a big commotion up ahead though I can't see what it is...it's probably a fight for all I care. I continue approaching, lunch money in hand as I see people start to back away from the fight. Then all of a sudden there's a blood-curdling scream that echos through the halls.

'What the hell was that?!'

And just like that, every person that was crowding around the fight was booking it towards me. I quickly get out of the way, pressing myself up against a wall so as to not get trampled by the stampede of teenagers. Several other screams could be heard which definitely did not make me feel ANY better. As the group thinned out I couldn't see a fight, but instead several corpses lying on the floor in one big puddle of blood. Some had chunks missing out of their limbs and heads but I didn't understand why till I made eye contact with him. He was staring right at me crouching over one of the students, their arm in its hands and blood running down its mouth onto its chin and drooling down his neck. Little pieces dried up and clotted..

I saw something move out of the corner of my eye and then another. And another. I looked at the bodies surrounding him and they were seizing. Is that what it's called when someone shakes uncontrollably? Soon they stopped shaking but they no longer had chunks missing from them. It had grown back?! I was just standing here witnessing this before snapping back to my senses as I started to hear bones crack. Their arms and legs were twisting as they lifted themselves up off the ground, blood dripping from where they lay. This was the very moment I realized that,

1)this is not normal

2) I'm in a whole not of danger. Yay! Fucking fantastic.

I took a few steps back before they lunged at me. I sprinted in the other direction away from them, as I was running down the hall I looked back to see that they weren't running at me like normal humans. THEY ARE RUNNING ON ALL FOURS HOW HORRIFYING.

I hear the heavy patting of shoes coming closer and closer. They are catching up. Where, where can I go? Ugh!!! Think of something Noah! Anything!! I mentally scream at myself for not having even the slightest bit of a plan, but who would? I'm running from my classmates?! Are they even my classmates anymore? What is happening!! Whatever, just get to the principal's office! Ollies there if he isn't already- no! There can't be more there running after me! Everyone left me....oh gosh what am I doing ugh! Run!

The hall splits up ahead if I turn sharp enough they'll slow down right? Like the movies, right? No time to think just do.

I sharply turn the corner my sneakers squealing against the floor catching everyone's attention as I sprint into the hall.

"RUN" I scream at the top of my lungs hoping to send the message that they could possibly die if they didn't run. Most got the message quickly as soon as they saw what was following me close in pursuit, the halls boomed with the sound of sneakers and screams of terror as students ran for their lives. Some just stood frozen in shock and fear the blood drained from their faces watching as I- we came closer and closer.

I scream at them to run, run away! But most still remain frozen almost admiring these- this scene that unfolds? I sprint past the first few, most of these idiots in this hallway I don't know, very few I've seen or talked to. The constant hum of treading of feet from behind me fades out just a tad to indicate one or two, classmate-things? Had either fallen behind or gone after different prey. One boy is stuck frozen in place in the middle of the corridor staring at me- or us with wide eyes fear overtaking his entire body.

I can't let him end up like them- feral if that's even how it works. I inch closer and closer to this boy by the second and a second later I'm running holding his arm and dragging him along with me. The tight grip I have on his arm helps him snap back as he winces in pain and begins to run alongside me.

"RUN!" I scream at no one in particular, not letting go of his arm adrenaline pumping through my veins.

The long overdue screams taunt me echoing through the halls again restoring fear that was once replaced by adreniline. The distant squelch of teeth presumably sinks themselves deep down into the flesh as hot blood squirts out onto the consumer. I can just imagine it coating their faces. The crunching, squelching, and ripping of flesh were softly heard throughout the corridor covered up by the distant and non-distant screams of students. Some from victims most from everyone screaming and crying while watching this scene unfold. The more people we pass the more screams we hear the more soft sound of squelching flesh presumably being eaten and fewer the persuaders following. 

                                                                           word count: 907