Prologue

Marion POV

"Death of trees"

"Cold day"

"Cold night"

"Birth of fall"

My teacher stops reading and look at me with the look I am familiar with... Sigh...

She says nothing but she grabs it and crumbles it up before putting it in the trash can near her desk and she hands me a piece of paper...Wait-

T-This is my report card.

F in science, C in Literature, D in mathematics, A+ in history and... B- in physical education.

She looks at me with the same look I am all too familiar with, a look of disappointment and if I look closer I can almost see disgust on her face.

"This is it?" my teacher says in a cold and monotone voice while staring blankly at me.

"Sorry I think I'll just-" before I can even finish she slams her hand down and I silence myself before she simply motions me to sit back down and I do just that, heading to my seat to avoid any confrontation, else she herself may get pissy and the last thing I need is my mother yelling at me.

I sit back down but that is not without the chuckles of a few others, this is not exactly unusual.

Sometimes I can't help but feel everyone is laughing at me, laughing feels like something the entire world does at times but they laugh at me not with me.

A cold feelings comes over my body, a chill per say and when I glance slightly I see one of the students "Ka'marion Brown" is his name and he shares my name and even my Initials but everyone calls me "Marion" and he...Why is she looking at me?

I look away from her, sitting back down I start to read a book I picked up not too long ago, it's an old book from the early 2000's of course I was not born then but the author, Rick is his name but I can't really pronounce his last name.

He was the reason I started to love reading and why I got into Greek Myths and gods, I remember reading this series for the first time at the age of 8 and I loved it. I still love the books and the author years later and he still writes these books.

It was always fun to imagine myself in this world, a world where is always hope for change, noble men and women fighting for what they believe in.

There is no greater gift and truth than fighting for a noble cause, having the courage to fight and living a life you can be proud of.

Why...Why can I not seem to do that for myself?

The meaning of life is an enigma, why are we here? 

Why are some born more superior to others?

If there is a god sometimes it feels as if he does not care.

Do I feel this way just because I am tired, h-haha or am I simply going through an edgy teenager phase.

I hunch over and laugh just slightly at my own thoughts but wipe it away as fast as I can so teacher won't get the wrong Idea, the last thing I need is my mother bitching about my teacher calling and said I "disrespected her" or whatever bullshit that means.

My thoughts are cut off when I hear a snip, I jump up slightly from surprise it's a sharp yet short sound and when I turn to look a piece of my own dreadlock is thrown on the floor.

When I look back they laugh and I hate it...I hate it so much but I cannot help but laugh despite the fact It feels as if a part of me has been cut off even if it is something as simple as my hair.