02

—— 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟐: 𝐀 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄 ——

It's heavily snowing near the new year. Tanjiro was preparing to go out to the village to sell coal as usual.

"Tanjiro!" His mother called, "You face is covered in black soot, come here." she beckoned as Tanjiro walked to her. She pulls out a handkerchief and wipes the soot from his face.

"You don't have to go." His mother sounded eager, "It's snowing and its dangerous."

"I want us to have a great new year's feast." Tanjiro reassured, "So, I'll go and sell as much charcoal as much as I can." Tanjiro inhaled the cold air, "Even if it's just a little..."

Kie smiled, "Thank you."

As soon as she finished, Shigeru and Hanako walked to him they both started begging for them to come with them. But Kie declines.

"He isn't taking the cart today, so he can't pull you when you're tired." Kie says to both. Shigeru and Hanako start begging for them to go with Tanjiro, but their mother declines again.

(Y/n) walks out from the house and starts stretching, she just woke up. "Oh? Where is Tanjiro going?" She asked.

"Ah! (Y/n)! Good morning!" Tanjiro smiles as she waves at him. "I'm going to sell coal for my family."

"Oh, I see. May I come with you?" She requested, and Kie nodded.

"Huh?? Mom! Why can she go but we can't??" Both Shigeru and Hanako said at the same time.

"No." Kie stated, "You can't walk fast like Tanjiro and (Y/n)."

As the younger Kamado siblings pester Tanjiro as tells Taeko to cut a little wood for today, which Taeko was hoping to do with him together.

"Come (Y/n)," Tanjiro holds onto her hand as they walk to the village, as his family members wish them both good luck as they wave at them, Tanjiro and (Y/n) wave back.

As they were both walking, they stumbled across Nezuko.

"Tanjiro!" She sounds Joyful, as Tanjiro walks to his sister. "I was putting Rokuta to sleep, but I heard all the commotion."

"Nezuko.." He trailed off.

"They've been so lonely since father died... So, they've started clinging to you." Nezuko paused. "And your friend that you came with 4 weeks ago."

"Anyways I should be going now, Nezuko."

"See you later!"

He waved at her as both Tanjiro and (Y/n) continued to walk down the snowy path the usually takes both to the village. It was a silent journey; they both didn't talk. But they were both happy, Tanjiro's family is also happy.

And in happiness, there's always a smell of blood in the air.

.

"Oh! Tanjiro!" A man exclaimed, as multiple people in the village noticed his presence and started asking to buy the coal or help around.

"Ah... Tanjiro, Nice to see you again." an elderly woman approached him, "I just want to buy some coal for tonight," She noticed (Y/n) just behind him. "Oh! Tanjiro, who is this young lady?"

"Oh? (Y/n)? She is my friend that I meet." He introduced her, "She is just tagging along."

"Ah. (Y/n) what a nice name. Infact, you two might be a cute couple together." The elderly woman smiled, causing Tanjiro's face to turn into a tomato and (Y/n) to be confused.

"A-Ah! No! No! We both are just friends!" Tanjiro stuttered and waved his hands around, (Y/n) giggled at his actions. "A-anyway! Here is some coal." He changed the subject as fast as humanly possible.

"Just friends? That's fine. Thank you for the coal." They both exchanged and the elderly woman left on her way. As soon as she left, another person came up to Tanjiro, screaming and holding a broken dish.

"AAAH! Tanjiro! You just in time!" he screamed, "she says that I broke a dish! Help me! Smell it!"

(Y/n) observed Tanjiro as he sniffed the dish and reassured him that it was a cat who broke it instead of him, she walked up to Tanjiro and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Tanjiro." Her sudden appearance made him jump.

"A-Ah! (Y/n)! You scared me!"

"Oh? I did? I am sorry."

"(Y/N)! You don't have to apologize!"

"Anyway, can I ask you something?"

"Sure!"

"You sniffed the dish; how can you tell?"

Tanjiro stared at her, "Oh. I have super smell." When he said that, (Y/n) got a little confused. "Super smell?"

"Yes! My nose is strong. "

"Okay." She just accepted it.

As Tanjiro finished his duties, it started to get late. His family might start to worry about him. "(Y/n), let's go." He smiled; she nodded.

They both started walking out of the village. It was a good distance away before (Y/n) had to leave him alone. Since she still must find her father to continue her training. As soon as she left, A middle-aged man invited him to stay at his house.

"You don't want to run into any demons." he spoke.

So, with that, Tanjiro stayed until sunrise.

.

And in happiness, there's always a smell of blood in the air.

As soon as Tanjiro came back home. It was silent, a little too silent..

Standing just a few meters away from his house, his face turned into fear, he found Nezuko shielding Rokuta. Both covered in blood.
He screamed his lungs out as he rushed to check on his family, who had been sprawled around like rag dolls. Their blood splattered on the walls and the floors. The doors completely broken and ripped from the hinges.

Mother...

Hanako...

Takeo...

Shigeru...

Nezuko...

Rokuta...

He carried Nezuko on his back, since she was still warm. He ran as his life depended on it. It's only a matter of time before she dies of blood loss. Just like the rest of his family. He doesn't want to lose another one.

Maybe if he reaches the town in time, he might find a doctor that might cure her...

𝚃𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙾 𝙴𝚁𝙰 𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙴𝚁𝚃𝚂
————————————
🥀- the Kamado slidings really enjoyed (Y/n)'s company after the death of their father

🥀-(Y/n) liked the Kamado family.

🥀- can you guess who (y/n)'s father? *wink wink*