Chapter 1: Coming back to London

A/n: This story may be a long burn, although after chapter 3 they may start to get closer.

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry the boxes Mary?" I asked, unaware of my surroundings.

She nodded "Of course, I already got everything inside."

I nodded as we both went inside, there was a nice kitchen with a living room with a furnace.

I chuckled "Thank heavens that we are able to make a fire, especially during winter."

As she toured me around my house we decided to go out together.

"Have you decided what you want to do yet Hun?" Mary asked as we stepped into the carriage.

I shrugged "I am not for sure Mary, are there any good jobs?"

Mary sighed "There is barely any job that will give you a lot of money. If there is then of course it may be taken away by the good ol' Scrooge."

"Scrooge?" I asked, not knowing who he or she was.

"Ebenezer Scrooge," Mary clarified

I looked out of the little opening. It seems like I know that name, but where do I know it from.

Mary tapped on my shoulder. I turned my head to look back at her.

"Hey, do you know that there is a party tonight at Charlotte's. She'll be so happy to see you again," Mary said.

I laughed, remembering all of the memories us three had before I had moved. It's going to be nice to hangout again, just like how we used to.

I then froze "Wait, but what if I don't have a dress, or clothes in general?"

She laughed "Y/n L/n, that's the reason why I'm taking you shopping!"

I nodded as we both laughed together. Looking back to where the window was it seems like we were close to the stores.

Not even a few minutes later the carriage stopped. Mary opened the door and took my hand in hers, pulling me out of the carriage with no choice.

"Mary, you better be careful!" I whispered yelled as I almost fell out of the carriage.

"Sorry!"

As we got everything situated we walked to the stores.

"The first place we have to go to is the clothing store. You'll be able to find new clothes, and a beautiful dress for the party," Mary informed me.

I sighed "Mary, how many people are going to be there?"

She shrugged "Hun, I'm not for sure. Though I think Mr. Scrooge will be there."

My blood ran cold as I looked back at her "Mary, is there anyway of me knowing him?"

She turned "No, why?"

My eyes narrowed "For some reason, I recognize him but I don't know where."

Her eyebrows went up as she rubbed my back "Well, all that matters right now is the party and trying to figure out if you know him or not."

I sighed, not realizing I was holding my breath.

"Now, we need to get your outfits before it gets too dark, mhm," Mary said as she took my arm again and took me into the first store.

"Just follow me Y/n, I'll help you chose the undergarments," Mary blabbered as she took my arm again.

After choosing the undergarments

"Oh my heavens, why did it feel like we were in there for years," I said feeling exhausted.

"We're almost done Y/n, don't worry. We need to find you some makeup, accessories, and dress," Mary replied.

"Oh my heavens, from your Gigglemug face I can tell you are so impatient," I groaned.

As we were walking we were chatting.

"Did you see Anne and William?" Mary asked.

I laughed "Oh yes, I seen them. They were Lally-gagging in between one of the stores."

She gasped "Are you serious?!"

I nodded"Don't worry, I was surprised myself."

She looked back at me "Hey Y/n, before you came here what did you do?"

I sighed "I was in war, although women were always counted as housewives I had cut my hair and done a lot of things for the men to think I was a man. They eventually found out, but they praised me, calling me Revolveress."

"Wow," Mary quickly replied

"Although the Military was difficult most of the men were up the pole. It was funny seeing how they acted," I continued.

"Were most of the men Wooden spoons?" She questioned.

"Definitely," I quickly replied.

"Finally, we're here," I said, out of breath.

"Let's go in, let's be quick," Mary said as she pulled me inside.

"Uhm, how many dresses are you going to buy?" I questioned.

"Many, you need a few just in case if there is another party," Mary said as she picked out a lot of dresses.

Another time skip (sorry)

"Are you now done shopping for the dresses and accessories?" I asked as my eyes started to droop.

She nodded as we got inside the carriage to go back to the house.

I got out of the carriage "Thank you Mary, I'll try to talk to you later!"

"You're welcome Hun, bye!" Mary said as she left.

"Bye Mary!"

I sighed as I slid myself to the door. I looked to the side to see a old man. He was.. fascinating.

I slightly waved and walked into my house. "Oh my lord, I'm so exhausted!" I said as I took my hood off.

I trotted up the stairs and went into my room, quickly changing into the undergarments.

Looking to the right I seen a letter. I opened it, it ended up saying that I lived next to Ebenezer Scrooge and that the party will be tomorrow at 3:00 P.M.

Groaning I went in the bed and slowly started to doze off.