•03•

Matthias     

I had never before, in my life, travelled without a horse or knights to accompany me. Usually father made sure I had at least 3-4 knights at my side but today I had decided I would leave them behind. Getting abducted was not on the list.

"Are you coming or not. You are slowing me down." I turned to look at the man and he was looking me up and down with a frown on his face.

"Do you even know where we are going right now?" I asked while we were going up the hill. The outside was really an adventure for someone like me, seeing as I had never travelled outside alone before.

"No I do not, I'm just walking along the hill enjoying the sunset." He responded while still going up. I stopped and looked at him. This man is going to get me killed.

"Do not look at me like that idiot, of course I know where we are going. I live in the next village." We walked for about 10 more minutes before the man told me stop.

"Listen here noble, I need you to not panic, understand. On your shoulder is a very deadly spider. One bite and you are dead, you hear me" I nodded in panic and stood still.

I felt the spider move and it got into my peripheral vision and I let out a loud scream. I started jumping from place to place, trying to get the spider off me. I stopped doing it when I noticed that the village man was laughing.

"What are you laughing at? Is it off me now?" I asked while brushing myself.

"The spider was not deadly, it was really harmless. I just wanted to scare you and I guess it worked. Wow noble you have just made my night" He continued up the road while laughing and I trailed behind, very embarrassed.

I have never had anyone behave normally with me besides this man. Everyone was either trying to be my friend so they could be recognized by being close to me or they were arranged to be wed to me. The only person I was close to was Mum and even she passed away.

Besides that, he seems interesting and is a refreshing reminder that I am not only a prince but also a person.