01- The date

'Think I'm comin on too strong,
With my hands around your neck,
Only wanna love you wrong,
Cuz at least you won't forget'

I get up from my bed as the light peeks through the slivers of my blinds.

I go take a quick shower, and after I'm finished, I get dressed for the day.

Where am I going you ask? I'm going on a date with Parker, my childhood friend who moved here from Ohio when he was three

My mom used to babysit him so we would always see one another since I was homeschooled back then.

But now, my mom and my dad divorced, so my mom is forced to work in order to pay the bills. That means, I have to go to public school.

But, it's fine. It's less fun and it's tiring to deal with all the toxic people but that's how life goes.

I slip on my shoes before slipping a small knife into my front pocket. It's small to where nobody can notice but still enough to actually hurt someone.

No, I'm not gonna kill Parker. This is simply for defense because of how fucking messed up the world is. You never know what's going to happen.

After I finish brushing and styling my hair and doing my makeup,

I head out the door and look around for Parker

Once I see him I rush over to him with a smile on my face. He exchanges the smile before holding my hand and asking,

"So, movies?"

"Yeah! I heard that there's a new movie premiering tonight!"

"What time?"

"Uhm... I think... eight?"

"Well then we have plenty of time to other things as well."

"Ooh! Where to first!?"

"You'll see."

First he took me to an ice cream place where we got ice cream because what else would we do there. Then he took me to a cafe where we got breakfast and a nice coffee.

Then we went to the park we used to play at while we were kids and we walked through that for quite a bit.

"Parker?"

"Yes?"

"Do.... do you ever feel like you're in danger?"

"Danger?"

"Yeah, like, something bad is going to happen to you and you don't know how, but you can feel it."

"No, no I don't feel like that."

"It's probably just my imagination anyways..." I mumble to myself as we get quiet.

"Oh! Look! Cotton candy!" I exclaim as I rush over to the front of a carnival, where there is a cotton candy stand.

"Here, I'll pay-"

"No, I'll pay. You payed for the ice cream AND the coffee AND the breakfast. It's my turn."

Parker smiles in defeat, "Fine~" He says as I give the money to the man at the stand.

The man looks me and Parker's age and he had nice cat-like features.

"Let me guess, two cotton candies?" He asks and I nod. As we wait he keeps eyeing me as he hands us them.

"Thank you," I thank the boy as he continues to look at me. As we walk off I can feel his eyes still on me.

I make sure that we just get away from the bad aroma that the boy gives off. We then head off to the movies before the lines get long.

Once we enter the movie, we decide to sit in the back. We sit down in our spot with our popcorn, slushies, and other snacks as we wait for the movie to start.

Right before the movie starts a boy speeds into the theatre and sits right beside me. I look at him in curiosity and it's the same guy from the cotton candy stand.