Chapter 2

"So, what is your guys' first class?" I ask the two girls walking beside me

"I've got administrative law," Emma informs, upon studying her schedule on her phone.

"I've got art," Sophie adds on.

"I've got spanish. Oh, Sof, we're heading to the same building, let's go together," I suggest.

"Of course we are Shay," Sophie tells me in a 'duh' tone, as if I was dumb.

"Okay, I'll catch up with you guys after lunch," Emma says.

We then do our first day of school best friend handshake and part ways. Personally, I'm pretty sure Emma and Sophie grew out of it the minute we were high school freshmen but they just do it for my sake. I loop my arm through Sophie's and we walk towards the large building.

"Don't do anything stupid," I warn Sophie as she walks into her class.

"Yes ma'am," she salutes and walks in.

I take a deep breath as I walk into the classroom. I then stand in the front, contemplating where to sit. After assessing each seat, I decided to sit in the middle bench. Not too close to the professor to be called on all the time, but not too far behind so that I get distracted. However, once I settled down in the middle seat on the middle bench, two boys approached me. I guess they had thought the same thing I did as they sat on both sides of me.

I turn to my left to be met with a guy with dirty blonde locks slicked back

I turn to my left to be met with a guy with dirty blonde locks slicked back. He also had deep blue eyes. He wore a beige sweater with a white collar and jeans. He was undeniably cute if I said so myself. Now, usually I had stayed clear of any guy ever since the incident, However, James's smile reflected some sort of comfort for some reason.

"Hey, I'm shayna, nice to meet you," I start, deciding to be brave and place my hand out for him to shake. For a good ten seconds, he just stares blankly into my boring brown eyes, not saying a word. Just as I am about to retract my hand, he takes it and smiles.

"Hello lovely, I'm James. Pleasure to meet you," He says with a smirk and winks at me.

"You have a very nice smile," I immediately put my hands over my mouth, as my cheeks turn a dark shade of pink, embarrassed by what I had just blurted out.