Chapter 3

A/N:

This chapter includes the scenes from chapter two, just in his pov.

"James Fucking Rodriguez, get your ass down here," I yell as he takes his time to stroll down the stairs

"My middle name is Mason, by the way," He says cockly, as he gets into the car.

"So, why were you late this time James?" Warner asks.

"This, takes time okay," He replies pointing to himself.

"Alright Mr. big ego, let's go or we'll be late," I say, as he hops into the car with his bag slung on his right shoulder.

We drive in silence merely listening to the radio play, god knows what song. Neither me nor James are morning people. Warner, however, is a morning person, but he knows better than to talk to us while we were still half asleep. So the car rides are always silent in the morning. It always has been since I met James in middle school and Warner in high school. They are the only two people whose presence I am able to tolerate and don't feel suffocated in. Thus, when Warner offered to let James and I stay with him in the house his parents bought him, I didn't turn it down. We aren't allowed to pay him rent, due to his humble nature, so we just repay him by going all out on his birthday. As much as I hate to admit it, I couldn't imagine life without these guys. I am pulled out of my reminiscing as I drive into the school's parking lot. We found a parking lot next to a white Audi, which had a hello kitty transparent sticker on the passenger's side door.

Interesting...

I walk towards my friends.

"Me and Reid have spanish, what about you Lex?" James asks.

"I have Italian studies," Warner informs.

"Alright man, we'll catch up with you later," I say as we walk opposite directions.

As we enter Spanish class, I look around, trying to decipher the best seats. James, however, already spotted it. The seats beside a short brunette girl. James takes a seat to her left and me on her right. Sitting in the seat, my legs almost get stuck, due to my height. Once I am settled somewhat comfortably in the seat, I turn my head to the girl to my left.

It is then, where I feel my heart stop for a millisecond. The girl seated beside me was beautiful. Now, I was never one to say this about any girl, not since the incident, but apparently my brain finds her to be an exception. I watch her intently as her soft brown locks fall into a loose braid, at least that was what I remember Grace calling it. I then peer down at her outfit, jeans with an oversized hoodie, that engulfs her body.

'I wonder if it's her boyfriend's'

Woah, what the hell am I thinking, I don't even know this girl's name and she's already managed to mess around with my head. As if on cue, I get a tingling feeling in my chest when I hear her voice as she introduces herself to James. Her voice is soft and delicate, yet just loud enough to be heard.