In Which Kreek Meets the Others (2)

Apparently, Russo was bringing his friends over, and they would discuss everything to ensure Kreek didn't miss anything.

Fine by Kreek, anyways. He'd spent the rest of the night after Russo left scrolling on his phone to find anything about anything. He even checked his calendar.

He never checks his calendar!

He had a more intimidating problem at the moment, though: school was starting in September. 

Kreek was going into sophomore year at Cherry High School, where the walls were a weird yellow and none of the whiteboard markers worked, but the school was cheap, not to mention it was public, so it was basically Kreek's only choice.

It wasn't like he was any better off in the summer, but he helped at the escape rooms a couple of blocks away, where he earned money, and in his spare time, he visited Timmeh at the orphanage. He would take that over sitting in boring lectures and listening to vents rattle any time of day.

But if Russo was to be believed, he would have another extracurricular activity very, very soon.

He can't wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When he walks into his apartment, he first notices the green-colored light on the walls.

The second thing he notices is a green-haired man raiding his fridge. 

"Uh."

Green Hair turned around, "Oh hey, Kreek!" he chirps, "This appliance is so cool, it's cold and it can create ice-"

"Do you mean the fridge?"

He pauses and looks back, "Yup!"

Kreek sighs inwardly, "Yes. That is a fridge. That is what fridges do."

"I know right?! So cool! No pun intended. But you've kept us waiting, so come on!" 

He dragged Kreek over to the living room. Meanwhile, Kreek was supremely confused. 

"Wait, are you Monopoli or Brite?" 

Green Hair let out a gasp, "Russo introduced us?! That's so nice of him!" he warbled. Kreek just felt done.

"So?"

"Oh yeah! I'm Monopoli." They arrived at the living room, which was seemingly devoid of floating people with built-in LED features. 

Monopoli was a thin, wiry person who was incredibly fast, zipping around armchairs and the broken coffee table. Around him crackled green energy that made Kreek feel like he'd just drank a double espresso just by looking at it. Like Russo, he had a green sword strapped to his back, which glowed the same neon as everything about him. On his right cheek, a clock that looked like it was drawn in sharpie- yup, the hands were moving. 

"How could I have kept them waiting if they aren't even here?" At this point, Kreek was considering throwing his thermos at Monopoli.

"I dunno! Maybe they already left because you were too slow!" Monopoli was still horribly cheerful. Kreek almost had a heart attack at the words. Upon noticing his expression, Monopoli laughed. 

"Kidding!" he chortled, "I just got here earlier than everyone else, but I've been bored for a looong time."

Before Kreek can murder him, a purple figure flew in through the window.

"Monopoli? You aren't annoying Kreek too much, are you?" Brite - because who else could it be? - said, annoyed, but Kreek could hear the edge of amusement in her voice. 

Outrageous. 

"WhAtttT? Noooo," Monopoli said unconvincingly. Brite sighed, looking very done.

"Just- don't, Monopoli," Brite lectured half-heartedly as if she really didn't believe he would listen. "Russo'll be here in a few, Kreek." 

And so they waited.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Russo came 10 minutes later, which seemed like 9 minutes too many to Kreek's frayed nerves, coming through Kreek's window as Brite had done.  

"I have a door, you know." It was hard for Kreek to be patient and/or understanding at the moment, not when everyone around him was floating and glowing. 

At least Monopoli had left to go poke at the microwave or something. 

"I explained everything, right? Do you have any questions?" Russo asks, and this is Kreek's chance to ask for more explanations, to vent out his frustration that no, nothing made sense.

But he couldn't; his mouth was wired shut with thorns and his mind was trying to operate in red syrup. He shook his head, and suddenly had the feeling of vertigo, as though looking down a cliff and realizing how far down it actually was. 

They were saying something he couldn't hear, and suddenly a hand was covering his eyes and all he could see was

 r̶͙̿̏́̔͌̓̄̋́̌̆́͘̕̚ ̸̨͚̥͇͉̗͇͔̼̫̙͙̥̼̰͆͐̌̇̓̈́͐͂͋́͜ͅé̷͈͍̙͇̯̮̖͈̀͋̃͋̓̈́̕̚ ̴̢̢͕̯̤͕̝̤͓̠̝͉͖̉̈́̂̓͒̾́̅̌̑̔̅̽͛̿̅̏̆̈͘͝ͅd̵̨̩̥͓̠͎͉̳̰̣͖̃̈́̆͐̃̉̒̾͌͂̑͗̕͘̚͘

______________________________________________________________

Kreek's magic now guys, not clickbait.

My chapters are getting longer, so that's a plus.

Thank you all for reading! 

BTW sorry for the cringe cover, I used Canva and am not the best at design, but it gets the job done so whatever