Chapter Eleven🎩

Myci's POV
—————————-
A few days later.

It came back to school time, later in the week.

Jenna and I had been texting, video chatting, anything that meant we could just talk to each other.

Right now we were huddled together with a few other students, in our only class together. Drama Class.

We had befriended a few other shy characters in class and now it felt a little better going to this class. "So Jenna-" I heard a student named Timothy start, interrupting. Jenna looked up from her script, smiling innocently at him. "Yeah?" She replied politely.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked quietly, sending his head back behind him. It was clear he wanted whatever he was gonna say to be private.

Without saying anything Jenna sends a look to me, her lips parted. I knew she didn't want to upset me but also didn't want to be mean.

We looked into each other's eyes for a moment before I decided to break the contact to go back to rereading the lines.

"Yeah sure." Jenna finally replied, standing up. I wanted to look up at her but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I knew she'd see right through my emotions.

The two of them walked away from our little group. "Myci?" I looked up to Isabella, another latina. I forced a smile for her. "Yeah?"

She scooted from the wall and sat next to me. "Are you okay?" She asked softly. A quick sigh then I gave a shrug. "I'm.. chilling." I told her. I knew I didn't sound too convincing. "Something's clearly wrong. You were literally all giggly and in such a good mood literally seconds ago." Isabella said, leaning her shoulder against mine.

Screw people being able to read me so well.

But before I can say anything else to the matter Jenna returned, sitting down in her spot she had in front of me. "Jenna!" Isabella exclaimed with a grin, "What'd Timothy say?" Of course she'd want to get into Jenna's business.

I looked up as well, kinda curious myself.

Jenna put on a smile for us. "He said that he was having a lake party at his parent's lake house this weekend." Suddenly my chest tightened and I swallowed as my skin got hot. I clenched my jaw as Jenna continued, "He asked if I wanted to go with him as his date."

There it was.

Ya know suddenly I felt like going to chat with other people. I didn't want to hear about how Timothy asked out Jenna.

"What'd you say?!" Isabella asked, giddily. Jenna gave a look to me but there's no way I'm letting her innocent cute face pull me right back in right now. So I keep my eyes glued to my paper.

Jenna took in a breath. "I said it'd be fun."

Is she joking?

I pushed myself to my feet. "H-hey where you going?" Jenna asked. I knew she picked up on my jealousy now. She was using that voice that drew me in. I glared down to her before answering, "Bathroom." It was sort and simple and I made my way over to Ms. Morang asking for a bathroom pass.

I left the room once it was given to me. I'm probably overreacting... but how can I not get jealous when she gets asked out basically right in front of me. Like I know we're not a thing but... we kinda confessed our feelings to each other.