Gabriel Agreste Suffering From Success

AUTHORS NOTES:

A part of Fallen Heroes and I Did Not Want This (so you may want to check those out). It fleshes out the villains and Bunnyx more. The heroes also get a little more attention. This takes place some months after Miracle Queen. There are going to be a lot of references to other episodes whether it is one line of dialogue or introspection of what the characters think of the events in an episode. I wrote this story before Ephemeral so the wish will not erase and rewrite the entire universe, instead if a wish alters time then there is a certain period to change it before it becomes permanent.

Questions are welcome.

He did.

He did it.

He had succeeded.

Emilie

The very fact invigorating his every step.

She was barely out of the chamber and struggling to stand up, when he'd gone to steady her.

"You're here."

Ascending the elevator, he had offered her assurances. Gabriel knew they were probably incomprehensible, but he couldn't help it. The joy he felt was ineffable.

He set her down in one of the office chairs.

"Wait here, I'll get you something and then we can catch up later." Walking out of the office he realised Adrien didn't seem to be where he left him. The door, which was ajar, caught his attention and there appeared to be a small group of people clamouring at his gate. He wondered if his son ran off and told his secret. That would be difficult to explain to Emilie.

He returned to the atelier to find his wife standing with her face gaping in horror. In her hands, she held a tablet with shaking arms and walked over to him, "Gabriel what is this!"

No, that's impossible. He bristled at his carelessness; he should be able to use the power of creation and destruction to fix his mistake.

The miraculous that he had absentmindedly thrown across the room was in his hands again.

"Haven't you had your turn?" Plagg snarked. He moved to put an earring in his ear, the spotted kwami in his palm slumped and he felt a sharp pain in his left hand. Tikki must have seen the look of desperate confusion because she said, "Our energy is drained, it could take months or longer to regain strength, even the strongest power has limits."

Somehow he forgot his wife's presence. Nothing would register. "Gabriel", he had registered the piercing slap. On the ground, he gazed at Emilie's teary eyes, "how could you?"

Hawkmoth didn't feel so powerful anymore.

Out of fear for what could happen next he fled.

                                                                                 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                                                                   BREAKING NEWS

                                                                       Fᴀsʜɪᴏɴ Dᴇsɪɢɴᴇʀ's Sᴏɴ Dᴇᴀᴅ

         Adrien Agreste, son of Fashion Mogul Gabriel Agreste, has just passed on his way to the                    hospital. He was found unconscious by his bodyguard with a classmate present. We are                                                    unable to get comments from Mr. Agreste at this time.

                                                                               Clara Contard with the-

Marinette switched off the television and hit the box in frustration.

-----

This was ironic, he knew. Especially when he carried the kwamis and transformed into Hawkmoth again.

"Marinette."

The heroine looked at him with what seemed to be apprehension, it quickly shifted to what you'd call rage. She sneered, "Come to gloat?"

Seeing the kwamis in his hands, she grabbed them from him, "What did you do to them?"

"You're Ladybug. Please, I need you to fix them." He'd dared to look sympathetic.

She made a derisive sound, "What do you want me to do, cast a lucky charm?"

He watched as she gave food to Plagg and Tikki, but it didn't seem to help much.

He growled, "If you can't do anything then I'll have to do it myself," he snatched the miracle box and left.

"I said I was sent by the Hawkmoth of the future, but I never said the Hawkmoth of the future was you!"

There was also a miraculous holder who could travel in time. His eyes widened as realization overtook him. A Hawkmoth of the future. Nathalie retrieved a spell that could fix the peacock miraculous.

Nathalie found out about what happened with Adrien. Despite her obvious tiredness and grief, she said, "Sir I can help to -"

"No."

Nathalie is his partner. She made all of this possible, but it doesn't change the fact that it is his quest. There is more to lose with her. He sealed the cracks and inspected the brooch, it was good as new.

"Nooroo, Duusu, Unify!"

He manages a wan smile as he latches on to a negative emotion. He weaves his sentimonster.

"Destroyer, I am Shadow Moth."

Time to repair the mistakes of the past.