Passion

"Boss? Are you... feeling alright?"

Devil only stayed silent.

"Uh... Mr. S?"

"Am I alright, he asks," The Devil furrowed his brow as he repeated the question by his cohort. "Am I feeling alright, he wonders!"

"Uhh..." Dice felt he had made a terrible mistake by asking him this. He was only trying to help, but as always, it backfires on him. Fearing for his life for a short moment, King Dice gently let go of the other and slowly backed away.

"NO! I'm not feeling alright! In fact this is the worst I've ever felt! Something's seriously wrong with me, Dice! I'm having... mortal thoughts and feelings! I fear there are real consequences to my actions. I can no longer act so freely like I used to. My powers aren't working right and I'm feeling things I have never felt before and it's freaking me out! I don't think I just look like a mortal. I... I think I am a mortal!"

King Dice looked at his boss in shock. He had no idea the Devil was internally freaking out this much. If he had known all of this inner turmoil was happening, he probably would have acted differently earlier. Perhaps he could've been more sensitive to Devil's feelings or maybe he could've protected him from people that would set him off. The Devil's thoughts made all those earlier outbursts of anger make much more sense. Of course he's not used to being a mortal. Of course he's probably scared. It's very unusual for the Devil, yes, but he's still feeling these very real things.

King Dice's expression softened as he watched the human Devil pace back and forth. He promised he'd help, so that's what he'd do.

"Mr. S?"

"What?"

"I'm here."

"...What?"

"I'm here for you. I wish you would have told me about these suspicions sooner. We are trying to get to the bottom of this together, aren't we? I'm your Number 1, after all. If you think you're actually a mortal now due to some sort of weird... magic... circumstance, then, as a fellow mortal, I'll help guide you through this. Hell, I'm the best damn mortal there is, so you're in luck, Boss," Dice smirked and adjusted his bowtie proudly.

His voice was like velvet to Devil's ears. So soft, so kind. So sweet. A little too sweet, maybe. Nonetheless, it made the Devil's heart thump and his tail sway.

The Devil opened his mouth to respond to King Dice, but he quickly closed it. He did not feel like telling King Dice that he was one of the major problems at the moment. The only reason the Devil was feeling anything strange was because of him. Or, maybe King Dice wasn't a problem at all. But he was... but maybe not.

"Say, Boss. What do ya say we hit the town again and see if we might have missed something. Who knows? I'll bet somebody's gotta have some information. Maybe someone remembers seeing you in town last night!"

Devil highly doubted it, but Dice was right. It was still worth it to go back into the city and check out some more places. He did leave the city in a huff last time, after all.

"Lead the way, Dice," Devil sighed as he held out his hand to the other. He hated how he didn't feel in control of his situation and hated even more how much he had to rely on Dice's loyalty. Not that he doubted him or anything.

Before Devil had more time to process anything else, King Dice got ahold of his hand and started walking back towards the city. The Devil nearly felt his body go into complete shock. Why did he hold his hand out for Dice to take?! And why did King Dice not say anything or refuse?! Why was he so stupid?! Why did he do such a thing? He didn't need to hold Dice's hand! What was he, a child?!