Last Night

"Maybe it's just me, but I don't know if that bakery was as good as we thought. Am I right?"

"Mhm."

"Talk about lousy, right?"

"Indeed."

"Boss?"

"Hm?"

"You seem a bit... mad at me. Or maybe you're just mad in general. Did I do something to make ya upset... again?"

The Devil hadn't looked at Dice ever since they left the bakery. Why was he so mad? It's not like he really considered their outing to be a real date, after all. He was just hungry. Plus, he still wanted to find out how to get his old body back. He shouldn't worry about such frivolous, meaningless things. "N-No. Don't be ridiculous," the Devil finally uttered.

King Dice felt a wave of relief wash over him. At least his boss wasn't mad at him, but he could tell that the other was still upset about something.

"Are ya still hungry? We can probably find a place more suitable for ya!"

The Devil paused in his tracks. Huh. That was a bit odd. Despite his cravings earlier, he actually didn't even feel slightly hungry anymore. He knew it was even stranger because he only ate two-thirds of one danish pastry. That was it.

"Hmm... I'm not hungry, actually."

"Oh. Alright. Let's keep going then."

King Dice did find it rather strange that his boss's appetite was suddenly fulfilled, but he wouldn't question him any further. He didn't want to anger him anymore... and he had a feeling that the Devil wasn't in a great mood.

After a while, The Devil finally glanced over at the other and took notice of Dice slowing down his own pace. Oh. He felt guilty now.

"Dice!" He suddenly blurted out, causing the showman to jump a bit.

"What? What?!"

"You must be hungry! We left that last place so fast. I mean, you paid for everything and you only took a bite of my danish!"

King Dice blinked a few times at the other. That seemed out of nowhere. After processing what the Devil had said to him, he paused to think. Was he actually still hungry...?

"I'm fine, actually."

"What?"

"I'm not hungry," King Dice shrugged.

"Really?" Devil tilted his head. That was surprising, but maybe Dice wasn't even that hungry to begin with when they first got to the bakery. "Well... alright. If you say so. Although, I can't help but feel that I should still treat you to something. How about a drink?"

"I thought you said you were still hungover?" Dice rose a brow at the other.

"What's your point?"

"Haha! Well, if you're buyin'. But aren't all the good places busy at this time of day now?"

The Devil simply pat his lackey's shoulder and smiled. "Oh, darling Dice. Just because a place is busy doesn't mean it's particularly good. I know of a great place that isn't usually busy at this time. Follow me."

King Dice nodded and blindly followed after the other down the sidewalk. He was a bit distracted by the "darling Dice" comment, because the very thought of Devil giving him an endearing nickname made his heart soar. Did he mean what he just said?

After another minute of walking, the Devil paused in front of a pretty average-looking bar. It wasn't pouring out the door with random people, but that was just the way he liked it. "Here we are!" He smiled widely.