Chapter 2

(Dipper pov)

I look down at the headstone of both of my parents, the rain making a dull sound as it pounds down on everything around me. I barely feel my soaked clothes sticking to my body or my hair plasterd to my forehead. I kneel down placing a rose on my mom's grave and a lilly on my dad's. He loved them while she loved roses. Complete opposites those two were most of the time.

Feeling the rain no longer hitting me I look up at Cedric, him holding the umbrella over me.

"I'm sorry, your magesty, but we really do have to go back now."

"It's okay."

Standing up I get back into the carriage. I numbly look down at my hands as we make our way back to the castle.

Once we're back, I walk through these once happy and familiar halls, it all having lost the warmth and happiness. It just feels so cold and being here makes me feel like the smallest person in the entire world.

I stand outside Mabel's door, raising my hand and knocking on the door.

"Mabel?"

I'm left with nothing but silence. Looking at the bottom of the door I see a shadow. I know she's sitting with her back to the door.

"please I know you're in there
People are asking where you've been
They say, "Have courage, " and I'm trying to
I'm right out here for you
Just let me in

We only have each other
It's just you and me
What are we gonna do?" I lean back against the door and slide to the ground.

"Do you wanna build a snowman?"

My question is left in silence, just like every time I have asked it over the years.

I hug my knees to my chest as it feels like a dam just burst open and I helplessly cry into my knees.

....................................

Present Day

I wake up hearing a knock on the door. I sit up rubbing the last of the sleep out of my eyes before I get out of bed and open the door seeing Cedric standing there.

"Sorry for waking you sir."

"No, it's fine. What's up?"

"Just needed to wake you for your sister's coronation."

"Oh, right, that's today."

I shut the door as I get dressed into the outfit already prepared for me. It's a dark blue botton up, black vest and trousers, black tie tucked into the vest and dress shoes.

I comb my hair making sure to cover my birthmark and trying to hide my blue strand of hair. I exit the room, smiling in glee seeing members of the staff opening the windows. I walk further through the halls, past the kitchen and dining room and into the ball room that has all been decorated and set up for tonight.

"The window is open, so's that door
I didn't know they did that anymore
Who knew we owned eight thousand salad plates?
For years I've roamed these empty halls
Why have a ballroom with no balls?
Finally they're opening up the gates" I look out the open window seeing the big ships with people from different kingdoms sailing into the harbour.

"There'll be actual real live people
It'll be totally strange
But wow, am I so ready for this change?

'Cause for the first time in forever
There'll be music, there'll be light
For the first time in forever
I'll be dancing through the night

Don't know if I'm elated or gassy
But I'm somewhere in that zone
'Cause for the first time in forever
I won't be alone" I close my eyes and open them again, imagining this entire room filled with people.

I know it may seem silly, dreaming of believing in true love, but I haven't been in contact with anyone aside my family and the staff for my entire life. This is my one chance to maybe actually find someone who loves me for me, with all of my weirdness and quirks and everything.

"Tonight imagine me suit and all
Fetchingly draped against the wall
The picture of sophisticated grace
I suddenly see him standing there
A beautiful stranger, tall and fair
I wanna stuff some chocolate in my face

But then we laugh and talk all evening
Which is totally bizarre
Nothing like the life I've led so far

For the first time in forever
There'll be magic, there'll be fun
For the first time in forever
I could be noticed by someone

And I know it is totally crazy
To dream I'd find romance
But for the first time in forever
At least I've got a chance"

I go to the entryway and open up the door, smiling wider as the guards finally open up the gates.

I run out there, waving at everyone passing by before standing on a railing as they all head into the palace courtyard to see Mabel. I don't care, I still have these few minutes of freedom before I have to go back.

"For the first time in forever
I'm getting what I'm dreaming of
A chance to change my lonely world
A chance to find true love"

I hop off the railing and wander around town, it being mostly empty now since everyone was at the palace.

"I know it all ends tomorrow
So it has to be today
'Cause for the first time in forever
For the first time in forever
Nothing's in my way!"

Something hits me from behind sending me to the ground hard. "Ow."

"Oh shit, I am so so sorry." I look up seeing a guy in purple formal clothes and purple hair on top of a white horse. He jumps off the horse and offers his hand to me. I give a small smile as I take his hand and he pulls me up onto my feet.

"It's no problem. I really should have just looked where I was going."

He does a small bow. "Prince Tad, of the Southern Isles."

I give him a small bow as well. "Prince Dipper, of Gravity Falls."

"Prince? So your sister is....."

"Becoming queen today? Yeah. But don't worry, I'm not like her. If you bumped into her it would be a whole thing but lucky for you it was just me."

"Just you?"

His smile makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I get pulled out of my thoughts as I hear the bells.

"Crap, I have to go. But I'll see you later."

I wave bye to him as I run off.