Chapter 3 - Hell Hath No Fury

Barcelona, Preseason Testing Week - Lily's POV

Bahrain preseason testing had gone surprisingly well in the end. Even though I had a terrible start to the week, I ended up coming second in the rankings in terms of speed. Obviously we couldn't accurately judge whose car was better- ours or Ferrari's – because we never knew the fuel levels of the other cars, but still the feeling was positive in the Mercedes-AMG garage.

Due to an invite from the Sainz family, I had arrived in Barcelona for the second preseason testing a tad early. Carlos Sainz, Ferrari's other – and less obnoxious – driver kept a lovely home in the city, and he and Georgia, my racing coach and Carlos' fiancé, had invited me to stay with them for a few days. As I walked up to the door, I slid the key form the hideaway spot and opened the door, dragging my luggage inside the cozy downtown Barcelona apartment.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" I heard a thick Monegasque accent ask from behind me. Of course Charles Leclerc was here.

Fuck.

Georgia had conveniently left out the part about her brother, Charles Leclerc, staying at this apartment, likely because she knew I would have found an excuse not to come.

"Robbing the place, obviously," I responded dryly, looking up at Charles who was stuffing his face full of some sort of chocolate biscuit. Before I could stop myself I added in the most condescending voice I could find , "Your dietician let's you eat biscuits? Guess he knows you won't be winning this year, might as well let you have some joy."

Charles just rolled his eyes at my comment, finishing off his biscuit. He proceeded to suck his fingers clean, all while making eye contact with me. I hated to admit it, but a small part of me was turned on by his boldness – and his rather long, dexterous tongue.

Get it together, Lily.

"You're disgusting," was all I responded as I traipsed into the guest room, trying to ignore Charles in the process. As I opened the door the guest room Georgia had set up for me, I saw Charles' stuff all over the room in the form of an absolute mess.

"Why the fuck is your stuff in my room?" I turned to Charles, my face turning red as anger started to seep into my veins.

"Because I'm staying in this room."

"Georgia said I can have this room."

"Well Georgia isn't here, is she?" Charles bit back.

I slammed my suitcase down and went back to my purse, taking out my cellphone so I could give Georgia a piece of my mind about her obnoxious brother.

"Classic Lily, running to tattle tale to mommy Georgia," Charles said sarcastically behind me, clearly trying to get a rise out of me, but I ignored him, focusing on my text.

Me: Good job not telling me Charles was going to be staying too.

I could see the 3 dots appear in our text thread. Charles decided to disengage with me and instead headed back to his my room.

Georgia: Sorry, Lil, he asked yesterday evening. I completely forgot. Been at the docs all morning.

I felt a pang of guilt when I read her reply; I had forgotten they were going to find out the gender of the baby today. It was partly the reason why I was in town, later tonight was going to be a small gender reveal dinner for them at Carlos Sainz's parents house – just close friends and family and a few drivers. I desperately wanted to say something to my racing coach about her brother, but I just sighed and put my phone down, grabbing my suitcase and traipsing down the hall to the other guest bedroom. As much as I loved that other bedroom – the sunlight and view of downtown was perfection – I knew when to pick my battles.