Chapter 17

Aurora Salvatore
It's been 36 hours since I laid eyes on two of the men who are the source of my trauma.

About 24 hours since I was attacked at the docks with Pablo Silva.

21 since I dumped off blondie and the two assailants in my soundproofed basement.

And 20 since I found out who their 'Boss' was, and found out who ordered them to follow me around.

I enjoyed a family lunch at my Mama and Papa's yesterday while keeping an eye on them via my phone that was connected to the cameras down there. It felt so wrong to play the good daughter and sister cooking dinner with my sisters, mama and niece while constantly checking on the two men I'd killed not an hour earlier and the blonde chick I had tied up next to them.

Once I had gotten home, I had gone downstairs to see that Emilia had woken up, although with the bag over her head, she had no idea where she was. She didn't need to know yet anyways. I had plans for her.

My heels clicked on the floor as I walked over to the bodies, retrieving the other guy's cell phone, and then to her purse I had taken also, looking for her phone too. Upon hearing my heels against the floor as I walked passed her, I heard her breathing change. She was awake and cognizant now.

"Hey! Hello? I can hear you! Answer me!" She kept yelling over and over again in that annoying, high-pitched voice.

"Are you stupid? Answer me!" She continued, trying to wiggle her arms and feet, like she had any luck. She was tied to a chair by her ankles, knees, wrists, elbows, and midsection. And the chair was bolted to the floor. She wasn't going anywhere no matter how much she tried.

"Shut the fuck up before I cut your tongue off." I had had enough of her years ago. Now? She's lucky I'm keeping her alive. I stood from the floor, gathering all the phones and heading back towards the stairs to head out for my yearly plans on this day when she interrupted me again.

"Wait! Wait!" She yelled again, and I stopped in my tracks as I rolled my eyes, giving her the hint to speak at my halt. She didn't have long, so she better not waste my time any more than she already has. "Where are you going? Take this off me!"
"Don't worry, sweetheart. I'll be back later." I scoffed at her before climbing the stairs as she continued screaming. I hoped she'd lose her voice by the time I got back home.

On my drive home from my yearly date, my phone began ringing over my Bluetooth speakers. Angelina.

"Hey." I answered as I pulled out of the cemetery, feeling the anxiety melt away as I clung onto my sister's voice.

"Hey, what are you wearing tomorrow night?" She asked, and I wanted to groan. It was my parents' annual dinner they hosted for some of the big families. To mingle, network, discuss business amongst the men, and dinners and niceties between the women.

"A dress I got when Ari dragged me shopping two weeks ago. Why?" I asked, coming up to a red light, taking in my surroundings like I always did. A mom pushing a stroller across the pedestrian crosswalk, a red Camry next to me waiting to turn left, a black Volkswagen heading East through their green light, and a Range Rover behind me.

Angelina groaned, bringing my attention back to inside my own car. The sounds of the city came back to the forefront of my mind, rather then being drowned out by my own hyper vigilance.

"I'm coming to raid your closet. I never got a dress for myself because I was too busy getting the kids' stuff."

I chuckled. "You don't want to raid Ari's closet? She's the fashionista sister."