Mēre

Men in this world have it fucking easy.

They kill. They lie. They cheat.

And their greed inflates them to the brim.

Whatever they possess is never enough, they always desire more.

It is never enough for them.

Daemon Targaryen is one of the numerous men in Daellas life who provides this description. He had a wife but didn't want her. He had a child but didn't want her. She was never a pure Targaryen. Her mother who was forced to marry the rouge prince. A marriage that maintained no love as he made it apparent every solitary day of her life.

Firstborns always have it rough, whether you are a man or woman. A duty falls upon you that is demanded by your family. A commitment that was never wanted.

The only good thing he did in his miserable life was marry Laena who raised her as her own.

Ñuha byka grēges. My little beetle.

It was what Laena used to call Daella, due to her deep hair. If she did not have strands of pure silver hair mixed along with her straight hair, Daemon would have considered her a bastard. Not his own blood. Maybe he would have found a way to wheedle past the purple eyes somehow but he could not abandon his firstborn because she bared a personal resemblance to Targaryens.

She was a constant reminder of his first wife, and it was because of this he cordially detested Daella.

Her snobby attitude. The mischievous grin that for a second would make it seem as if the Lady Rhea Royce stood in front of you. What had set Daemon even more off was that Daella obtained the first woman who had claimed Vermithor. The second grandest dragon that was still alive today.

Someone who was not of pure Targaryen blood had managed to bond herself to a ultimate weapon of violent destruction.

When the two rode together, fearful havoc was wreaked everywhere. There was a savagery and blood thirst that never seemed to end between them.

A blood thirst that only fuelled both rider and dragon.

It was declared that the princess had abandoned her home long ago, and those were the stories told all across the seven kingdoms about her. She had not been seen or heard from in years, not by her father, not by her uncle, not by a single soul. Only the blood trail she would leave behind would strike everyone's ears.

But it was due to those same stories that Daella had heard her uncle was in terrible health. Particularly she did not care for her uncle. She barely knew the man. But to envision the sheer chaos that would ensue when he died was something Daella could never miss.

Aegon or Rhaenyra?

Who would be the next ruler of the seven kingdoms?

And with her help. Rhaenyra Targaryen would never sit on the iron throne. She would never allow Daemon to get what he has lustered after for years.

After what seemed like a lengthy journey Daemon and Rhaenyras's family finally arrived at the Red Keep. Jace and Luke immediately hopped off their dragons to explore what was once their home many years ago. They naturally followed the modest crowd that was producing and peaked their heads to see their uncle Aemond and Ser Criston training.

The last they saw the Prince was when little Luke had brutally carved out his eye to protect his big brother.

How heartwarming.

Also how pathetic considering they ran to their mother for protection.

Personally, the entire ordeal was something she didn't care about. Until she witness the way Daemon ran to protect them that night. His new family with the woman he had wanted for years.