Hāre ampā

After a while, Daellas men finally disappeared, and both immediately climbed their dragons to reach Dragonstone. The king and his heir were never safe to travel together. One of them always had to be in the castle in case the other was killed. Their lives didn't matter at the moment, and neither were concerned about their safety.

By the time they got to Dragonstone, it had been already dawn; the only thing they could see was two dragons encircling the island without Vermithor in sight. The risk of going closer, or even landing, and trying to locate her would be too great. For the sake of Daella's freedom, Aegon was prepared to give himself to Rhaenyra.

As their mother did not know that both of them had left, Aemond had to force Aegon to go back before their mother found out their whereabouts.

Darryn, in terrible panic and outrage, barged into Aegon's room after the three Shadows had informed him where Daella had gone after only hours had passed since she was last seen.

After that, every man under Daella's command was ordered to find her, to gather any information floating round the island. Information was hard to come by since whatever happened was located in a place The Shadows couldn't access. In Daella's opinion, the biggest problem was the fact that unless one of the blacks stepped foot inside the seven kingdoms, or if a letter was intercepted from Dragonstone, nothing could be known about them.

It was the second day since Daella did not come to the Red Keep. As the sun arose there was no sight of Vermithor in the dull skies while Aegon and Aemond both waited, staring outside to hopefully catch a glimpse of her and be able to breathe again.

Although neither of them wanted to consider the possibility that Daella had been captured, they knew she would take her own life rather than become a prisoner of Daemon. Another hideous possibility they worried about.

Aemond and Aegon stood in the council room in silence on opposing ends gazing anxiously at the skies. It was impossible for either of them to deny the fact that Daella's disappearance possessed a severe impact on them. Even Aemond, who had given the impression he hated her, could not do it.

Despite not looking at him, Aemond asked him, "What happened between you two?" An obvious sigh was heard from Aegon, and a chair was pushed back.

"I think you very well know brother."

He did know. In spite of how short their relationship was, some part of him buried the idea of them sleeping together.

Aemond turned around slowly, hands clasped behind his back as he approached the table Aegon sat at. "And what of you two? I know you went to her chambers that night Aemond."

Watching Aegon pour both of them wine and pull a glass in front of him as he sat back in his own chair, Aemond pulled back his own chair, disregarding the question. "I also know that you have been sending lemon tarts to chambers every few nights," Aegon revealed.

While clutching his glass, Aemond downed the entire contents of wine with a small sigh. "She will not marry you."

"Do you think she'll marry you?" Aegon wondered, leaning back in his chair.

"Princess Daella has made it clear multiple times she will not marry anyone." he calmly stated. "You will not be able to change her mind Aegon."

"I could."

Aemond chuckled at the delusions he held, "Do you truly believe you would be able to change the mind of Princess Daella Targaryen? The woman who commanded her men to hold their swords to us so she could deliver the severed heads of the men sent to kill her son?"

Aegon disliked how his brother was right, that both knew nothing would be able to change her mind once it was decided. Yet Aegon clung to the hope that perhaps by showing Daella that not all marriages were disastrous as the ones she had observed, he could succeed.