chapter 1

"Lavender it's time to get up" my father said."I don't wanna dad...." I said groaning."well you have to because your chores doesn't do themselves" he says opening my curtains.I groan once more before I sit up "that a girl" my father said before messing up my hair even more then it is. I sigh."Really dad?" I said glaring at my dad."Get your chores done then get ready for school" my dad said glaring back at me. I groan at that word. school I never want to hear that word again."Do i have to go today?" I asked in kinda a whiny voice. my father nods "do you want to be a better dragon rider?" my father asks. I nod. I get up and start brushing my hair" you really mess up my hair this time...." I said flipping my hair forward so I can brush the back. "It can't be that bad Lav...." my father said grabbing my brush. He brushes my hair for a while."Sorry Lav I didn't think it was that bad..." my father said just as my mom walks into the room."Hiccup you need to get going or your going to be late for that meeting" my mom said looking unamused." Why thank you m'lady" my dad said giving my mom a kiss on the cheek."You guys are so gross" I mumble."Yeah well someday when you find the right guy you'll want him to do this to you" my mom said smirking knowing it will gross me out."Gross!" I screamed and ran down stairs.I forgot to mention that my dad is the chief off berk.... After my grandfather stoick died my dad became chief. My mom came out of my room as I was sitting by Toothless petting him. "Lav go do your chores and we'll get started on your lesson" my mom said grabbing her battle ax. I get up and go to docks to get the fish.It's punishment from a week ago when my dragon Xyla decided to blow up half the village. Oh and Xyla is a Light Fury.Still trying to keep control of her but Xyla is waaaaay to stubborn.anyways my chore is to feed every trained dragon on berk.After I'm done that chore I get ready for my lesson with my mom at the academy.I know I'm not a strong fighter like my mom but I do love my dragons like my dad.So it makes sense on my I have many interests in dragons."Ok again but this time hang onto your sword" my mom said running after me."I can't do it mom" I said in a Whiny voice.Suddenly a double ended ax flew right in front of me. I knew one person that had that ax.I look up to see Heather flying on her dragon."Aunty Heather!" I only call her aunty because she's best friends with my mom. "Hey Lav" Heather said landing her dragon on the ground then getting off her dragon.I run to hug her. Heather hugs back as my mom looked confused as ever."Heather? What are you doing here?" My mom said in disbelief."What I can't stop by to see my best friend and her husband and kid and my husband-to-be?" Heather said breaking our hug."Husband to be!?!?" Me and my mom shout at the same time."yeah you didn't hear that me and Fishlegs are getting married?" Heather said looking around. I wanted to run but I had to do my lesson.Just then my grandmother Valka walked up me placed her hand puts on my shoulders " hey grandma" I said wanting to get out of here."hey Lavender" my grandma said looking down on me.I knew aunty Heather and my mom need to catch up so I asked her if I could go early. Surprisingly she said yes so I hugged her and ran off with Xyla. My dad saw me and asked me why I'm not in my lesson and i told him that Aunty Heather is here. "Heather....I haven't seen her since Vido  was put back in prison..." My father said sighing."who's Vido?" I asked. "No one you want to mess with Lav..." My father reply looking out into the ocean.Toothless nudges my father. "Hey bud.....yeah I'm ok I'm just worried that Vido got out again...." My father said petting Toothles's head. Something tells me that something big is gonna happen.Aunty Heather walks up to my father."Hey Hiccup....." Aunty Heather said smiling "tell me did Vido get out of prison again?" My father asks.