Foreword

If he had known danger, death, and vampires would follow, he would have asked for disownment.

***

Jesse Parker was never particularly close to his family, but when he ends up in a behavior modification facility he regrets not having cut ties with them. With nothing left to lose but his life, he fights for it and puts himself right between the fangs of an insatiable, sadistic vampire.

All he wanted was freedom, but death was so much more attainable.

And if he made friends and fell in love on the way to getting his life back; well, that was just part of the fun.

***

Content Warning: kidnapping, physical torture, body horror, graphic depictions of violence, coercion, attempted murder, death/dying, blood, depiction of addiction, drugging, human trafficking, psychological abuse, mentioned sexual abuse, verbal abuse, trauma, mild PTSD, night terrors, insomnia, explicit sexual content, swearing 

***

hello lovely readers! it's me again, i'm back!!

welcome to "Take Courage, My Heart" a vampire, new adult book with a lot of trauma, steam, and a very sarcastic main character. 

you can find mood boards on my instagram  @/valentina.v.writer and i have also created a playlist on spotify with some of the songs that i listened to while writing this that you can check out (most of it is kpop but if the mood fits it fits). my username is Valentina V. and the playlist is on my profile with the same title and cover.