Chapter 39

Nearly three weeks have passed since any of us were last tormented by fog.

Since Marks been home Toria hasn't left his side and no matter how hard his grandfather protests Mark doesn't care. You can't stop teenage love in the end and the two of them are sickening how in love they are.

A beautiful rich spoiled princess and an orphan boy with tendencies to push everyone away, now that's a love story I'd be excited to read.

Trev, Tony, Laura  and for some reason Paul have all been hanging out more then I'd care to admit.

Mr. Taylor is pretty much the entire law force around here, so everyone was quick to believe him when he told the story of Paul coming back.

He was stolen by a cult that resides deep within the woods, they used him for blood rituals and the body in his coffin came from one of the cult members that strongly resembled Paul.

Simon, Mark, Toria, Trev, Tony, Laura and I were said to be being threatened by the cult. Eventually we reached out to Mr. Taylor and he helped us find him. Simon was injured pretty badly in the process of it all, but now everyone was home.

People are eager to believe a lie when they don't want a truth.

Simon has been healing slowly, but he's so much better now, I've been by his side basically every day.

Paul and I share awkward eye contact and then either he leaves a room or I do. I don't know what his issue is he thanked me for saving his life, he was nice so nice, but he hasn't given me a hint of romantic interest.

I don't know what changed or when, but there are no more stolen glances, no meet ups in janitors closets and most definitely no life altering late nights in my bedroom.

My mother has basically threatened my life to stay out of trouble. Nan has repeatedly told me I need  to practice using my "gift" ha, yeah a real great gift it is.

Nan thinks I have a lot of power, but if I do I don't want it. I want to spend days at the beach with my brother, I want romantic dates with handsome boys, I want to watch scary movies with my family and make dumb decisions with my friends.

I want to be normal, I want this to be the end of all the bad.

Knock

Knock

"Coming" I walk to my bedroom door,

Opening it up I see my mothers smiling face,

"You look so nice" she speaks softly,

She should like my outfit, she picked it after all,

A low cut bright blue dress with puffed sleeves and a crinkled waist so tight that if I stand up to quickly I may faint, at the hips the short dress let's out.

I let my hair down and finished the look with blue eyeshadow, pink lips and blush, mom let me borrow her hot pink pumps and clutch.

"You kind of look like me tonight" she held my face in her hand,

"Thanks mom" I say back knowing that was her complimenting me,

I walk towards the staircase, Victoria and Mark are waiting for me at the bottom.

"Are you meeting Tony there?" My mother whispered to me,

I looked straight ahead and nodded,

She pinched my arm "how exciting" she smiles,

Once I'm downstairs I quickly want to leave,

"Natalie!" Nate runs in my direction,

"What's up Nate?"