Chapter 9

Stalker.

Everyone hopes and prays that don't have to deal with this kind of thing.

"What the hell?"said Everett in the dark abyss of his bedroom.

My phone is going off like crazy, but I decide to ignore it.

One more time the phone dings again, and I pick it up.

Unknown

X: Sends pictures of Maya at school, from her bedroom window, and being out with her family.

Everett: Who are you? Why are you stalking her she belongs to me.

Unknown: Oh, Everett you're getting very bold, aren't you?

Everett: How about you stay the hell away from her!

Unknown: you've got a couple of days to protect her or else I'll deal with her myself.

I set the phone down, pacing back and forth.

A set of chills go up and down my spine, and goosebumps appear on my arms.

Running fingers through my hair and thinking of a plan.

Pulling up a map of the U. S over, revealing pictures of everyone who lives in the area.

"Damn it, who the hell could this person be?" said
Everett looked over pictures and dots connecting one person to the next.

I never imagined myself doing this before, but it's the first time for everything.

A knock on the door, causes me to stop my constant pacing.

"Honey, what are you doing up this late?" said Mom bringing her silk robe closer to her body, stifling a yawn.

"It's nothing, mom I'll be fine" replied Everett putting on the best poker face, hard to tell what he was feeling.

"Hmm, alright Everett just please get some sleep" commented Mom quietly closing the door, and heading back to her bedroom.

In all honesty, I'm a bit shaken up who would go so far, as to see her so vulnerable?

Going under the covers, huddling my body into a cocoon.

Taking a few deep breaths, and closing my eyes tightly.

I'll make sure no one hurts her because I love her too much.

God, I've loved you Maya Hart from the very start...