[ 4 ]

Full-blown panic set in as pain soared through the man's veins. He was breathing deeply and just barely. His head lolled, and his eyelids drooped. He was met with a bucket-load of ice cold water, startling him from falling unconscious. A man stood in front of him, a sick yet determined grin plastered on his seemingly innocent-looking face.

"If you aren't going to tell us anything, then death is the only other option." The man said, his deep voice echoing around the dimly lit basement they were in. The figure tied to a chair sighed, bringing his head up to meet the latter's gaze. "I don't fucking care, I got the info they wanted. Your gang, Felix, is going to be destroyed. We're everywhere and it's only a matter of time."

Felix laughed, not fazed by the words his victim said. "Well, may as well get it over and done with. Any last words?"

The man opened his mouth to speak. Felix cackled as he pulled the trigger—a bullet penetrating the man's skull. "Oops, too bad," he shrugged, watching the blood seep out.

"Hyunjin!" Felix yelled.

"What?!" a voice yelled back.

"Get rid of this body and check if he had accomplices."

Jeongin stared inquisitively at his boss, sipping away at a glass of liquor.

"Yes?" Felix raised an eyebrow, setting his glass down.

Jeongin tore his gaze away, fingers twitching in nervousness.

"What is it?" Felix was starting to get a bit irritated.

"Uh... who's Chan?"

Jeongin mentally slapped himself. How could he have been so stupid to bring up such a sensitive topic? Immediately, he regretted his words. Silence had blanketed the room, tension rising.

"He's just an old friend," Felix didn't bother to shed more light. Jeongin sat stunned that he'd even answered. Despite the tension, he decided to push his boss a little further with the comment, "Seems like he misses you."

Felix remained silent, staring into the younger's soul.

"You should at least reply," Jeongin said. Shut your fucking mouth, Jeongin. He thought as his mouth rambled on.

"No," Felix deadpanned, standing up and dusting down his velvet suit, he left the room. Jeongin sat on his chair dumbfounded. Honestly, why do you do this to yourself, you dick.

Felix went to his office and sat down, lamp blaring as he inspected important papers acquired from a recent mission. Aimlessly glancing paragraph over paragraph—his thoughts were somewhere else. Felix was having a war in his mind. Jeongin's words echoed in his head for the rest of the day. He knew what Jeongin said was right, but he had his own conflicting thoughts. He sighed and took another sip of whiskey. Pushing the thoughts about Chan aside, he decided to focus on what the man earlier had said.