Valentine

Emma Myers
------------------------------------------------------------

I entered hearing the bell chime from the flower shop . " Hi ! What can I help you with?" An elderly man said with a smile .

" Hi ! I'm just looking for a bouquet for my girlfriend " I said having a slight blush in my face .

" Oh ! Your a lesbian? That great you know i always wanted a son that was gay for years ! " He said with a chuckle.

" Come on let me show you our best section " the man said guiding me me to the back of the shop .

" we have these flowers that very few couples get since you know they don't see the meaning in them " he said showing me various flowers. The flowers go in various colors lined up to look like a rainbow. But the flowers that caught my eye were the sunflower meaning of adoration,  the honeysuckle meaning of everlasting love , the red tulip meaning for true love and , the violets meaning for love and loyalty.

As I set it up adding some roses the man just looked with a smile on his face . " you know you remind me of  my wife when she was younger "

" she used to take seriously our relationship and doing a special event every now and then " he said looking up .

" she will give me lots of flowers and every now and then we will have a picnic to see the sunset " he said having tears roll down his cheek .

" but as you know death pulled us apart but  now  since she used to give me flowers, I give flowers to the world so I can feel the way she felt when she gave me flowers. "  He finished looking at me with teary eyes .

I smiled puting the bouquet in the table and hugged him wrapping my arms around him in a loving embrace. " I'm sorry for your lose " I said feeling him return the hug .

" don't be and thank you for bring back some of my most cherished memories " he said pulling away from the hug wiping away his tears .

" why don't you go ahead and give her the bouquet! It's on the house !"  He said with a chuckle.

A huge smile spread on my face " Thank you " I said hugging him one more time before grabbing the bouquet running out of the sore but stopped looking back at him " I promise I'll visit again some day !" I said laughing with joy before running out to my bike .

The elderly man smiled looking at the picture of his beloved " Thank you Athena for sending me a sign " he said closing his eyes feeling the tears start to flow again " I'll meet you soon my love " he said hugging the portrait of his deceased wife sighing in exhaustion.

I put the bouquet of flowers on the storage of my bike closing it making sure it won't open before I turned on the bike puting on my helmet and started heading to our house feeling the breeze flow freely on me .i made a stop on a store buying some chocolates and donuts and continue my journey.