Behind the Curtains

Jenna Ortega
------------------------------------------------------------

I hurriedly climbed out of my car heading to the director's office not wanting to be late again.  As I navigated the building I saw the people seting up the scene for the new film  .

I slowed myself down seeing the director's door infront of me .I entered seeing him signing paper and contracts hearing the scratching of the pen moving across the desk .

He looked up having a huge smile on his face " Well look who's here my dear old friend " he said hugging me in a loving embrace . " so good to see you again after such a long time ." He said with a laugh siting me down in a chair .

" I haven't seen you since you were just a small child " he said with a chuckle.

" nice to see you too " I said with a huge grin .

" Well you're probably here for who your going to be assign so here " he said handing me a paper for me to inspect.

" all the information you need will be in this paper now go you don't want to waste much time " he said pating my back with a laugh .

" Bye Eduardo " I said closing the door behind me . As I walked to the direction that was written in the paper I began to see who I will be working with .

Name : Y/n

Occupation: makeup artist

Will be associated with Jenna ortega for the film of the show .
When farther notice you will work for only her for the time being .

My furrowed my brows sighing in frustration for very little detail of what I'm gonna do . I sighed once more before heading my way to the trailer I'll be working in .

As I entered I immediately set up my work place putting everything in the correct order .I cleaned the trailer making sure there's no dirt or dust in my work place .  I set up the chair and put a towel on the head rest for no reason at all .

As I put gloves on I heard a knock on the door followed by a muffled voice" may I come in ?" .

"Yea " I told them puting away my box of gloves .

As she walked in I couldn't stop staring at her,  i was like a moth to a light who couldn't resist the temptation to look .

She waved a hand infront of my face making me to snap out of it . " sorry about that! It happens a lot " I said looking down .

" it's fine really,  so your the person I'll be working with right ?" She said inspecting my face .

" yea I'm y/n by the way " I said stretching my hand for a hand shake .

" nice to meet you y/n I'm Jenna " she said accepting the hand shake with a smile .

My heart swelled at the sound of my name rolling out of her mouth but I quickly recovered knowing she will be needed on set soon .

" Well Jenna please take a seat so I can get started " I said grabbing a brush .

As i did her makeup I noticed the way she wouldn't flinch everytime I touched her face .almost every actor I worked with never really trusted their colleague. So it always surprises me when they trust me at times .

As I finish puting her makeup she looked at me with concern " y/n ?" .

I hummed in response puting away the products I used .

" I um - sorry if this sounds a little weird but . Why did you keeped hesitating when you did your job? " She asked geeting near me giving just enough space to make me feel comfortable  .

" I don't want to talk about it " I said slouching a little.

" Fine but , promise me your going to tell me soon since we while be working with each other for months,  ok ? " She said folding her hands infront of her .

" I promise " I said siting in one of the stools .

" thanks y/n . I'll see you later "  she said with a smile retreating from the trailer .

As I made sure she was gone I immediately slaped the side of my head .

" dang it y/n ! Why you got to be so nervous around celebrities! " I said in frustration.

" way to go for the first impression "  I sighed pinching my nose in frustration.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/n : sorry if it was rushed I was going to have dinner with my family and their rule is . " no phones during family meeting "  so yea .

Word count : 756

Published : December 15 , 2022

Finished Editing: ?

Request by : SofiaBautista201