Musical Muse {Wednesday Addams}

800 words

{Platonic} Or {Romantic} 

Romantic has been chosen 

................................................................

I knock on the door to Enid and Wednesdays shared room. The door flys open in one brisk movement, revealing Wednesday on the other side. "Oh hey Wednesday! Have you seen Enid? We were supposed to study right now." I explain. "She's out with Ajax, he randomly showed up uninvited. Much like you." She says, beginning to close the door. "Wait!" I say so she stops closing doors in my face. "Hm?" She says monotone. "What are you up too?" I ask. She walks into her room without closing the door behind her, basically a welcome with opens arms from her. I follow, closing the door behind me. She sits on a black velvet stool next to a cello as I sit on her bed. I've heard one being played before but never knew where it was from. Im glad to have answers. 

"I have been trying to compose a new piece, however I can not seem to come up with one." She says. "Oh really? Do you have any clue why?" I ask in interest. "No inspiration I would have to guess. After the whole Thornhill issue I have not had anything spark enough interest." She reply's. "Have you ever tried writing about people?" "I suppose not- it may be too hard to put those into a song." "Well you could always have the tune describe how you feel about them!" I suggest. "I feel neutral on everyone." She says. "Aw cmon even me? I come over here and hangout every day, I'm sure you could come up with something. At least try, I'm sure someone could be your musical muse!" I exclaim in excitement and she sighs. She puts the bow to the cello, playing dark and confusing chords. I cannot even describe it, it sounds hypnotizing and confusing. It draws me in, like moonlight looming over an unexplored woods. This dark and deep sound quickly opens up to one I can only describe as ethereal. It sounds as though angels themselves are singing the notes to me, a perfect harmony ringing into my ears. It sounds romantic, and almost wanting more. It's over before I can fully analyze or process it.

"Wednesday that was amazing! What was it inspired by?" I ask, not sure if she actually chose me as her inspiration as I had suggested. "You." She replied. My eyes are probably lighting up like a stupid anime girls right now. "Can you explain how you decided what to play to me? It was amazing!" I exclaim, excited as fuck. "I just try to take my feelings towards the person and apply them to strings. I have no further explanation." She says, looking at me. "Why was I super dark and deep then super ethereal and light?" I question. "To show how I feel I act towards you versus how I really feel towards you. I am not good at feelings, I value them at worthless, but some seem to be latching on at an impossible point to ever put away." She reply's. I swear I see a hint of color in her face for the first time. "So you don't hate me?" I ask. "Of course not. Quite the opposite. We spend more time together than I spend with many others." She informs me. "Aw, does that mean you like me?" I tease. He face is much redder by now, but besides that she seems unphased. "No matter how I feel, I am aware no one could return the feeling." She says. I swear I hear disappointment in her voice, but that's only due to all the time I spend listening to her talk.

"Tell me every terrible thing you've done. Every horrid thought you've had. Every horrendous thing you've said. And watch me love you anyway." I reply. "Was it Lemony Snicket who wrote, 'I will love you as misfortune loves orphans, I will love you as fire loves innocence and as justice loves to sit and watch everything go wrong. I will love you as battlefields love young men. I will love you until every fire is extinguished and every home is built from the handsomest and most successible of woods. I will love you as crows love murder.' Well I may have never been able to express my feelings, he could explain them perfectly." I finish. She just looks at me. Well shit I might have fucked up. "Y/n." She begins. "I'm a terrible person. Only someone about to ask for forgiveness would ever admit that. I am not here to ask for forgiveness on anything, just for love." She says. We're both talking like fancy poets at this point it's kinda weird. "I am more than happy to give that," I say with a smile.

.................................