Painting the Plants {Xavier Thorpe}

617 words

{Platonic} Or {Romantic}

Romantic has been chosen

................................................................

"Xavier! I got you gift!" I yell as I knock on the shed door. My 'powers' are somewhat summarizable by I can make plants grow and heal things basically, so I found this beautiful flower and made it unable to die as a gift for my friend. He opens the door, paint brush still in hand. "Hey y/n! What's up? I can't hear through the door," he explains. "I got you a gift! And I wanna hangout for a bit," I reply with a smile as I hand him the beautiful orchid. "Aw thanks, this is beautiful! Come in, I'm just listening to music and painting." He tells me as I walk in. I look at what he's working on, it appears to be members of something. A band maybe? No matter what they look super cool. He places the plant on a desk and moves the canvas he was working on to grab a fresh one.

"Why are you starting over?" I ask. "Im not starting over, just painting the plant instead of people," "oh ok" I reply as the next song comes on and he prepares colors. The song is Fell in Love with a Girl by the white stripes. "I love this song!" I exclaim. His face changes for a moment, almost like he realizes something. He doesn't say what. "Yea, it's a great song," he says as he gets back to missing paints for the orchid painting. I watch him mix beautiful purples, whites, and greens. "How do you know what colors work?" I ask curiously. "Just a guess then perfect, also color undertones help." He says. What the fuck is a color undertone? Like a skin undertone? The next song comes on, Your Hands, My Pockets. "Could you go ahead and skip this one, I'm not in the mood for it right now." He asks as he starts to paint with no sketch. Huh. I grab his phone and it's opens with my face, something I set up a while ago. 

I open Spotify and click the next button and the song is Step on Me. I go to turn off the phone before something else catches my eyes. "Hey Xavier?" "Hm?" "Why is this playlist called dedicated to her? Who's her?" "Oh, I forgot about that," he says, not answering the question or even turning around. Judging by his voice he's smiling, as if this was on purpose for me to discover. "Cmon at least answer the question," I say. He sighs. "Do I have to?" "Either answer it now or I'll just do my own snooping and find out later." I reply with a smirk. I've done this before and it worked. He lets out yet another defeated sigh. " 'her' is you, dumbass. I thought it was obvious, a photo of us hanging out is the cover," he says with a laugh. "Oh, I didn't check the cover." I reply without thought. "Wait." I say as the realization he has a bunch of love songs he's dedicated to me sets in and he laughs at my expression. "You don't have to like me back, I just don't want anything to change between us," he says. The song Perfect by smashing pumpkins comes on. I get up and walk over to him. "Of course I like you back," I reply with a big stupid smile. He looks in my eyes and just smiles. "Glad I guessed right. Can I kiss you?" He asks and I give him a smooch. He's taken aback at first at the sudden-ness but smiles and gives in. I've never kissed anyone before so this is new. I like it though. I pull away and smile at the boy smiling right back at me.