Chapter 4

y/n pov

i woke up to charlie shaking me. 

"come on y/n i wanna go downstairs" he pleaded

"im up! im up!" i said rolling over and falling onto the floor. i laughed a little. "let me fix my hair really quickly"

"ok ill go get dad"

i walked into teh bathroom and saw the pajamas from last night. that was real. i reached for my neck and saw the necklace. a smile grew on my face. 

"its real" i whispered. i put my hair up before going downstairs. me and charlie started doing gifts

"y/n you have a letter" he said pushing it towards me

"really?"

"yeah here"

i opened the letter:

"hello snowflake,

this is bernard by the way. ill start training you in january. i might stop by at some point before that though to check up on you. ill see you soon.

bernard"

i smiled at the letter and felt my cheeks heat up more. 

"y/n your smiling" i heard luara say as she walked into the living room. dad was close behind her

"yeah. i had a good time" i said

"well pack everything up were leavng soon"

"ok"

i ran upstairs to grab my stuff and heard them yelling again. my smile dropped. I basis froze on the steps. I looked down at the necklace and watched the glitter for a little bit and felt better. I grabbed my music and put it back In my ears and walked down the stairs with my stuff. Dad saw the music back in and no smile.

"Hey kiddo. I'm sorry" he whisper pulling me into a hug.

"I just want one day were you won't fight" I mumbled into his shoulder.

"I know. I know"

________

(One week later)

I was sitting in my room at dad's place when I felt the bed dip slightly. I looked over and saw bernard.

"Bernard!" I said with a smile growing on my face.

"Hi snowflake" he said. I smiled at the name. "Your looking happier"

I shrugged

"I guess. I don't really know" I said.

He chuckled "Ok. Well start training next week but I want to check on you. Did you get the letter"

"Mhmm"

"Great."

We sat in comfortable silence before I spoke up.

"Wanna go ice skating. The lake is probably frozen over"

"I haven't done that in a long time"

"Then we're going" I said jumping up. I grabbed my skates and waited for him to get up. He had a smile on his lips. "Come on let's go" I said grabbing his hand and pulling him up.

"Yeah yeah coming"

I let go of his hand and opened my door. He followed me and we head down to the lake. I put on my skates and stepped on the ice. I effortlessly glided across the ice. Bernard watched for a second.

"Your pretty good at this"

"I did it alot when i was younger"

He glided onto the ice next to me.

We skated for a hour until I realized dad would be home soon.

"I have to head back home" I said skating over to him.

"I should head back to the pole"

"I'll see you next week right"

"Next week" he said he waved before disappearing into a cloud of glitter. I smiled before staking to edge and putting on my normal shoes and walking home. I walked into the house and saw dad on the couch.

"Hey dad"

"Hey kiddo. What were you up to"

"Went ice skating"

"Did you have fun"

"Mhmm"

The week went by fast and he was soon back. I was sitting on my bed completing some homework when he appeared infront of me on the bed.

"Bernard!" I yelled jumping back. He laughed and apostarred.

" Let's get some training started."

"Ok"

"The first thing is organization but by looking around this room you look quite organized"

"Yeah. I get bored a lot and make random schedules or rearrange stuff in drawers or my desk"

"Ok so we can skip that" he started "how about wrapping presents"

"Eh I'm ok"

"Well start there then"

He made a small box appear from nowhere.

"Try to wrap it."

"How?"

"Guess"

"Guess?"

"Yeah guess"

"Ok"

I tried the first time and he shook his head. I countinued for around an half an hour before it looked right.

"There you go! Perfect" he said walking over. "Now take this ribbon and tie a bow"

I looked at it

"Like what type"

"Any type"

"Ok"

I tried a couple times before getting it.

"Why was that so much easier" I asked Turing towards him. He just laughed and looked at it.

"I don't know but it looks great"

"Thanks"

"I'll be back next week for anouther lesson"

"Ok"

"Bye"

"Bye"

He then dissapeared. i hated having to wait a week. i actually enjoyed him being around me. i felt safe. safer than even dad or neal could make me feel. i saw a paper on my dest that wasnt there when we started. i walked over and picked it up. the front said to snowflake. i smiled and opened it. 

"dear snowflake

i know i just saw you but i desided to write to you as well. like i said were going to do anouther lesson next week. I'll see you soon

Bernard"

I put the letter away before looking at the little box. I put it on my desk before laying down in my bed.