Chapter 5

Y/n pov

School had just ended and I was throwing my backpack into my car. The trunk was frozen shut thanks to the snow storm last night. I sighed before deciding to throw it in the back seat. I opened my door before turning and tossing it back. I rested my head on the head rest.

"Long day?" I heard someone say. I turned and saw bernard in the other seat.

"Don't just do that!" I said hitting his arm lightly

"Sorry" he laughed.

I shook my head slightly.

"So how's the pole" I asked starting the car.

"Good"

"That's good. Is today a training day"

"Yeah"

"Ok. I don't think dad's home till later tonight so I think this will be, hopefully, stressless. At least having to worry about him"

"That's good"

We sat in silence as I drove back to dad's house.

"Ok dad doesn't seem to be home. That works" I said pulling into the driveway.

I parked and we headed inside.

"So what's today's plan" I asked as we got to the living room.

"Well I was thinking making toys. A small one but this might be a challenge" he said.

"Ok. Let's do it"

"Alright. I have some small scrap pieces and I want you to try and make something from it" he said putting them on the coffee table.

"Ok" I said looking at the pieces. Little did he know that I used to do things like this when I was younger and Laura and dad were fighting. I took a look at the pieces and put a few together. This included two small wheels on a thin metal rod. I made two of these. Then I saw two small pieces of wood that I could put together with a small wooden stick. I figured out how to connect everything and together is was a small duck.

"There" I said quietly still looking over it. I then looked up at him.

"That was the fastest anyone has done that" he said looking at it on the table.

"I did some stuff like this when I was young. It was a past time"

He nodded slowly with a smile on his lips.

"This training will be easier than i thought" he said before sitting down in the arm chair near me. I smiled a little before looking away.

"That's something we need to work on" he said

I turned to him

"What"

"Not hiding a smile" he said

"I'll try"

"Good. Your smiles nice"

"Thanks" I said quietly with a smile tugging at my lips. I saw him smile. He looked at a watch on his wrist.