Chapter 1

13 year old Rachel Byrne looked at herself in the mirror. From her chestnut with red highlights hair, to her pink and green canvas shoes, she looked like the perfect tomboy. She had midnight blue eyes, and she lived with her mother and father, and her annoying brother Matt. Her mother had strawberry blonde hair, and deep brown eyes. She always wore a red bathrobe, and always had her hair in a no-fail ponytail. Her father had chestnut hair, and he always looked worried. He had a good business, and he was very rich. Her brother Matt was younger than her, and he had strawberry blonde hair like his mother. He loved annoying Rachel, and taking away all of her things. The family lived in a house that could be referred to as huge, and they had lived in that house Rachel's entire life. This house was in the wealthy part of England.

On this particular day in the holidays, Rachel's aunt, Aunt Maya, was coming to visit. She was a strange woman, because she was a full time fortune teller. Rachel believed her though, because the last time she came to Rachel's house, Aunt Maya had predicted that Matt would break his leg, and the next day he fell off a fence and broke his left leg. Aunt Maya had bright orange hair, lots of piercings, and lots of jewellery. She loved to come to the Byrne's house because she could predict futures in a different neighbourhood than her own. She was staying with Rachel and her family for a week, because her house was getting renovated.

In preparation for Aunt Maya's arrival, Rachel was putting a mirror in the spare room for Aunt Maya. Aunt Maya loved mirrors, because she always thought they were magic, and she talked to them. Aunt Maya always brought everything she needed for a good session of fortune telling, and that included her cards, her crystal ball, and her meters and meters of cloth, which the whole family was not allowed to touch. It was made with specially fitted sensors, which only lit up when Aunt Maya touched them.

Rachel walked back to her room, only to hear her father yelling "Rachie, come down! Aunt Maya wants to see you!"

"Coming," she yells back.

"NOW" Her father says.