The whole story!

Prologue

The snow blew around outside like children were having a snowball fight. Big, thick flakes bumped around the battered old house's windows in Orange Grove Road."Angel, what do we do? We've been surviving on nothing, and now that my job is gone, it's all gone! We are going to starve! And you want me to hope for a little magic? THAT'S JUST NOT GOING TO WORK!" Laurence yelled. "And we're expecting a baby. I think that we should beg on the streets, but what do you think? You want me to wish for a little magic. Well, guess what? NO." "Laurence, please, please..."At that moment, a huge gust of wind blew the door open. A queer looking little person stepped into the room. He was about a meter tall, squat and had very pointy ears. He came, and looked very hard into Angel's eyes. "Do you believe in magic?" he asked"Y-y-yes, I do""And do you believe in magic?" Now he was staring in Laurence's eyes."No, I don't""Well, you should. I was going to give you all that you ever needed and more, but as one of you doesn't believe in magic, I'll have to wait. I'll come again tomorrow, but if you haven't changed your mind, then I will let you starve."Then he opened the door, stormed out, and left."See what you've done? We could have had everything we wanted, and now he left, and it's all because of you! You sly little hater! Aren't you going to do anything to help me and the baby?" Angel questioned with anger."That guy. He looked familiar. What was it? Do you think he was an elf, or what was he?"I don't care, as long as you have changed your mind and the next time he comes you will tell him that you believe in magic! She huffed off, going very slow because of her big belly.The next day, the little man came again."Do you now believe in magic?"Angel looked at her husband expectantly. She had not talked to him for the entire night."I do believe in magic""All right then, so you do. I shall now give you riches more than you could desire. Just hand me the child.""What child?" Laurence asked."The child that you have. Don't you have one?" The little man sighed."Yes, we do, but it is inside Angel!" he said."So? I can still get to it from there. Just hand me your wife for a little bit""No! We've been through enough.""Would you like me to do the magic in front of you?""That would be better, yes."So the little man stumbled over to Angel, and put his hands on her ever growing belly. He said some magic words and then he stepped back. "Your child will be born tomorrow, on one of the most magical days of the calendar year. May 31st."Angel and Laurence were overjoyed. Yet they thought, what type of magic did the little man give their child?

Chapter 1

13 year old Rachel Byrne looked at herself in the mirror. From her chestnut with red highlights hair, to her pink and green canvas shoes, she looked like the perfect tomboy. She had midnight blue eyes, and she lived with her mother and father, and her annoying brother Matt. Her mother had strawberry blonde hair, and deep brown eyes. She always wore a red bathrobe, and always had her hair in a no-fail ponytail. Her father had chestnut hair, and he always looked worried. He had a good business, and he was very rich. Her brother Matt was younger than her, and he had strawberry blonde hair like his mother. He loved annoying Rachel, and taking away all of her things. The family lived in a house that could be referred to as huge, and they had lived in that house Rachel's entire life. This house was in the wealthy part of England.On this particular day in the holidays, Rachel's aunt, Aunt Maya, was coming to visit. She was a strange woman, because she was a full time fortune teller. Rachel believed her though, because the last time she came to Rachel's house, Aunt Maya had predicted that Matt would break his leg, and the next day he fell off a fence and broke his left leg. Aunt Maya had bright orange hair, lots of piercings, and lots of jewellery. She loved to come to the Byrne's house because she could predict futures in a different neighbourhood than her own. She was staying with Rachel and her family for a week, because her house was getting renovated. In preparation for Aunt Maya's arrival, Rachel was putting a mirror in the spare room for Aunt Maya. Aunt Maya loved mirrors, because she always thought they were magic, and she talked to them. Aunt Maya always brought everything she needed for a good session of fortune telling, and that included her cards, her crystal ball, and her meters and meters of cloth, which the whole family was not allowed to touch. It was made with specially fitted sensors, which only lit up when Aunt Maya touched them.Rachel walked back to her room, only to hear her father yelling "Rachie, come down! Aunt Maya wants to see you!""Coming," she yells back."NOW" Her father says.