Chapter 3

Lilith stood there for a moment, thinking about what this strange man in front of her had said about her love. "I don't know what my love did to you in the past, but I'm sorry about it. I also need you to see that I have nothing to do with this feud between the both of you. Yet here I am; standing in a room with a man who I know nothing about. Why must you pull me into your feud? Why can't you be a grown man about this and talk it out with Dracula himself?"

"Because I'm done talking to that selfish bastard! You have no idea the pain that that pathetic being has caused me! If only you knew of all the terrible things he's done while you weren't around. If only you knew about all the families that he destroyed; innocent children, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles and grandparents he's killed. Would you still view him as an innocent loving man? Do you have any idea why he killed children and damned them to a life of eternity? Do you have any idea what it's like hiding in the shadows, watching as mothers and fathers are forced to stake their own children in the heart; just so the child could be free of Dracula's curse he's bestowed upon them," Alexi asked.

"Dracula as you call him would never go after innocent children," Lilith began only to be cut off.

"Then you don't truly know the monster like you think you do. You say that he wouldn't kill innocent children, but he has. He did it so he could 'continue' his kind. But I can see that he's successfully managed to deceive you. No matter though. You will see things my way. You will see him for the monster that he truly is. Once you do, you won't be so damn quick to defend him the way that you do now. But don't you worry your pretty little head one bit about that. I won't rub it in that I was right all along," Alexi said.

"It won't be you who says I told you so. I will be the one saying that to you," Lilith said before Alexi stormed out of the room.

I know a damn monster when I see one. And you truly are the monster. Oh Vlad, please do hurry and find me. I don't know what this sick and twisted man has planned for me. I don't want to find out either, Lilith thought to herself.

Van Helsing, Anna and Dracula made their way to Carl's home, knocking on the door hoping that the friar was up for another adventure.

It didn't take long for Carl to answer the door, but once his eyes fell upon Dracula, he began regretting opening the door. "What is he doing here? I thought we all had a clear understanding that he was not to bother anyone in the village. Yet here he is standing upon my doorstep."

"Not bothering anyone in the village," Van Helsing cut Carl off. "Are you going to be a good host and invite us into your home?"

Carl rolled his eyes before opening the door wider for his company to enter. "Please, do come in and make yourselves at home."

"That's much better," Van Helsing said while he, Anna and Dracula all made their way inside. Carl closed the door before turning to look at the trio standing in his home. "Mind telling me why you both decided it would be wise to bring Dracula to my home? Did you two forget that he kidnapped Lilith and tried to kill all of us before, all while trying to bring his young to life with the Frankenstein monster?"

Dracula rolled his eyes. "So, I made some mistakes. Why can't you just forget all about that and move forward? I didn't kidnap my wife. She wanted to be with me. She was beginning to remember everything that we had been through together. As for trying to bring my young to life, I'm sorry that I was trying to fill a hole in my undead heart, that had been there since the day that my beautiful wife had been murdered. Having her back has taught me a very valuable lesson. One that made me see that I am very much so content with her by my side. I realize now how important it is for me to have my Lilith. Now, I also know that you cared about my Lilith like a friend. Are you going to help us get her back; or are you going to stand there and keep talking about how I am a no good monster?"

"What Dracula is trying to say is, are you really going to allow all the idiotic things that he has done in the past to decide what you're going to do now? If you won't help us for Dracula, then why don't you do it for Lilith. Surely you don't want to see her become a horrible monster that we may have to kill," Anna said hoping that she could get through to Carl.

"And why do you suddenly want to help save Lilith? When we first brought up the idea when it came to saving her from Dracula, you were all for leaving her with him. Shoot you didn't really care for Lilith, let alone if she was dead or alive before. Why now do you suddenly care if Lilith lives or dies," Carl asked.

"I care because I can see how much she means to Dracula. That and when I first met her, I may have been a bit jealous, believing that she and Van Helsing were a husband-and-wife duo who hunt evil together. It made me want something like that. And the more time I got to spend with Van Helsing, getting to know him a little better, the more jealous I became, because I thought that I would never get a chance with him. Honestly, if I had known that she was Dracula's long lost wife, that he had been spending many years looking for, I would not have treated her the way that I did," Anna explained. "That and I'm trying to also make up for the way that I have treated her before. I realize that I may not have treated her very fair, yet she still put her life on the line to keep me safe."

"Let's just hope that we can find her and bring her back before the man who took her succeeds in turning her into a killing machine," Dracula interrupted.

Carl gave Dracula a confused look before turning his gaze to Anna and Van Helsing. "What in the world does he mean by we have to save Lilith, before she is turned into a killing machine? Is there something that the two of you are keeping from me?"

"Alright, we may have left out the small detail that, the man who is responsible for kidnapping Lilith is someone from Dracula's past, who now hates him; and he is willing to do anything to make Dracula pay for all the horrible things that he had done. That includes possibly telling Lilith a bunch of lies about Dracula; as well as anyone associated with Dracula to get her to hate us all and want to kill us. So unless you want to constantly look over your shoulder, wondering if Lilith is going to come up behind you and kill you, I suggest that you do something to help us," Van Helsing suggested.

"When you put it like that you make a very valid argument. But may I make one of my own? The only way Lilith can get to me is if I remain off holy land. Let's say that I pack my things and leave in the middle of the night before she comes out and hunts me down," Carl said.

"And who is to say that Lilith isn't out there right now being tortured, all because she is linked to me? Who is to say that my beautiful Lilith isn't suffering slow agonizing pain. Who is to say she isn't suffering a slow agonizing death right now as we speak," Dracula said growing more and more worried about his precious Lilith.

"You worry too much. Lilith is a tough woman who can take anything that is thrown her way. She can take it and beat it. Or do you not have any faith in Lilith," Van Helsing said, knowing that he struck a nerve.

Dracula glared at Van Helsing, fighting off the urge to attack Van Helsing. "You are testing my patients, Gabriel. Do you honestly think that it's wise to provoke me? Do you honestly believe it to be wise to speak lies about my love for my beautiful wife?"

"I'm only stating what I see in front of me. Well, in this case, I'm only stating what I'm hearing from you. You're the one who has doubts about your love. What kind of a husband are you, doubting the strength of your own wife. You have known Lilith longer than anyone, well besides me, yet here you are doubting her strength. If you truly believe in her like you claim you do, then you would speak differently about her," Van Helsing said back.

Anna grew annoyed and stepped between Dracula and Van Helsing, preventing them from going after one another. "Are the two of you going to stand here and fight like children? Because the longer we stand around here talking about who is saying what, the more likely it is that whoever took Lilith is going to become even more successful in turning her against us. So, if the two of you are done fighting, I highly suggest that we get a move on."

Carl, Van Helsing and Dracula stood there looking at Anna in shock.

Are all three of you going to stand there; or are you going to get a move on? Let's go! We don't have any time to waste," Anna snapped causing all three men to snap out of their daze and follow behind the annoyed princess.