Save it Mike

El's pov:

Ring ring*

"2 more minutes.." said Max while she was still laying next to me, covering her head with her pillow.

Ring ring*

"Dammit!" I say as I get up, almost loosing my balance and falling into my desk.

I quickly move towards the phone to see who could be bothering me this early in the morning. I pick up the phone and place it by my ear.

"El, you there?" It's Mike. I sigh as I hear his voice. I really didn't want to talk to him. Not after yesterday.

"What do you want Mike?" I ask annoyed, whispering his name at the end so that Hopper wouldn't hear me.

"Hey. I wanted to talk to you." I roll my eyes. Obviously he couldn't see that, but it didn't matter.

"About?" I asked, clearly uninterested.

"Hopper." He says as if its the only logical answer.

"What about him?" I ask now getting defensive.

"Oh come on. You saw how crazy he was yesterday!" He said as he chuckled. What in earth was he talking about?

"No Mike. You were acting crazy yesterday!" I said, now getting even more pissed.

"What? What did I do?" Oh great. So not only was he calling Hopper crazy, but he was also completely oblivious to what he did wrong yesterday! How stupid can he get?

"Are you- please tell me that you're joking." I say slightly laughing, hoping that he really was just playing with me, but no, he was dead serious. "Mike, you were a complete asshole yesterday. And you don't even see what you did wrong?! How stupid are you?"

"El, what are you talking about, seriously? Sure, maybe I went a little overboard, but.. I'm not the crazy one." He says innocently.

"A little?! You were pressing your lips againced mine like an animal! When I wanted to stop, you blocked the door and didn't let me leave!" I said, unaware that I was starting to get loud.

"I told you, that I missed you! There was nothing wrong with that! I did nothing wrong! Jesus, why are you girls always so sensitive."

"Sensitive?! Sensitive, you more than anyone should know why I am this way!"

"That's no excuse. If I was in your place, I would be grateful that I have a good, and caring boyfriend who cares-"

"Cares! You don't even know what the word means! You don't 'care' for anyone other than yourself, and your needs!"

Silence

"Mike.. you need to face it, you don't care about anyone. You left your friends behind, you don't do anything other than make out with me anymore. Will feels alone. Dustin is spending all of his time at scoops ahoy with Steve because he doesn't have anyone else anymore, and Lucas only really spends time with Max and the others. And where are you? Where are you when they need you? You are everywhere that you don't need to be, and never where you should be."

"That's because I lo-"

"Love me? Save it Mike. Sorry, but... this isn't working anymore... I wanted to pretend like everything was okay, like nothing changed, but.. I don't feel the same way as I once did..."

"Wait... where is this going..?" He asks sounding confused, but also sad.

"Mike.. I'm sorry.. but we're done.."

And with that, I hung up. I kind of felt bad for him, but it had to be done. I just wasn't happy anymore. Not like I once was. And I couldn't bare lying to him, and myself, anymore.