Katherine

El's pov:

I Walk into the changing room, feeling kind of nervous. I look around, hoping to find Max. No sign of her. I walk up to 2 girls, talking to each other. "Have you seen Max? Max Mayfield?"

They just look at me and point to a door. "In the sports hall." I leave my things in the changing room, and go to the 'sports hall' like the girls told me. Trust me when I say this, the sports hall was big. Bigger than I had expected.

I stop gazing at the room, and find Max, bouncing a brown-ish orange ball. I start walking up to Max, when she throws the ball at the wall. The ball bounces back at her, and she catches it. She does that a couple of times, before she realises I'm in the room.

"Eleven! Hi! Took you a while to get here. I was scared something happened." Max said running up to me. I give her a small smile.

"Dustin. He brought me here." I say shyly.

"So I'm guessing you got lost." She says giggling. I nod. "Well, I heard we're gonna be doing basketball this lesson. Have you.. played basketball before?" She asks me.

"No." I say shaking my head.

"Okay. Well I can help you get started. But... first you should probably get changed into your P.e clothes. Do you have any?" She asks.

"P.e clothes? Oh. Yes. I do." I say relieved. Hopper gave me some shorts and shirt that he said were for my P.e lesson.

"Okay then. Let's go. You can get changed in the changing room. Or in the toilets if you're not comfortable getting changed in front of the other girls." Max says calmly. She took me back into the room I first came in to. Where the other girls were. I took my bag with the clothes inside, and went into a bathroom stall. The toilets were right next to the changing room. Convenient.

Max pov:

Eleven soon came out of the bathroom, in her P.e clothes. We left her bag in the changing room, and went back out into the sports hall. "Okay, so basic rules in basketball.
1. You are competing with another team.
2. You have to dribble
3. You have to pass
4. You have to..."

"Wait. What does dribble mean?" Eleven said interrupting me, but I didn't mind.

"Dribble? This." I said, as I started bouncing the basketball on the ground, and slowly moving with it. "Here. You try." I bounced the ball over to Eleven. She caught it, and started bouncing it.

"Like this?"

"Yeah! Now try moving while bouncing it." I said, encouraging, or at least trying, to encourage her. She started moving, but lost track of the ball, and dropped it. "That's okay, you're doing good." I say smiling. She tried again, and went on for longer, before dropping it again. "You don't have to dribble the ball for that long in an actual match, so I'd say you got the hang of it." I say smiling again. She looked at me and smiled back.

A whistle blew. "Alright girls, stand on the white line." Said Miss Forest. We all lined up on the white line on the hall floor. (One of the lines you would see on a basketball court)
"In today's lesson, we're gonna be playing basketball. Im guessing you all know the basics, but I'll just go over the rules in case some of you don't." She said, as she rambled on about the rules, which eventually turned into her telling us about her pregnancy...? Don't ask how. I still don't know. "Alright. Team captains. Let's do.... Katie... and Mayfield. You're up."

Katie. She's the school bully. Well... she's known for picking on new kids. And whoever gets in her way. She has this whole 'gang' of her's that she uses. The popular girls. She bullied me when I first joined this school. At some point she got bored of me, and moved on to her next victim. I'm scared Eleven might be her next target. Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure the 'girly girls' from last lesson are in her gang. Shit.

"Ella." said Katie, pointing to one of the girls.

"Jane." I said. Eleven walked up to me smiling.

"Jessica." Said the other captain. It went like that until there was no one left.

"Okay, on the court girls. Ready? Set?" And then the game started as the teacher blew the whistle. I was pretty good at the game. I had speed to my advantage. I mean, i was fast. Eleven stayed near the back of the court, while I pushed through, scoring multiple goals for my team. I even saw The brunette staring at me a couple of times. I wonder what she was thinking. I even stopped and stared at her a little bit. I don't know what it is about her. Just looking at her makes me calm. Makes me happy.

That's when something hit me. Not a thought. Something literally hit me in the face. I think it was the basketball. But the hit was so powerful, it knocked me down to the ground. "Oh my god! I am so sorry." It was Katie. She said it the most, annoying, sarcastic, way possible. She walked up to me and grabbed my hand. She pulled me up slightly, just enough for her so whisper something in my ear. "Don't get in my way, or next time, it will be much worse." She then let go of my hand, making me fall to the ground again, and simply walked over me.

"Bitch." I whispered to myself.

———————————————————————
951 words. I'd say I'm getting better at this. What did Katie mean when she said "don't get in my way"? What is she going to do? Is El in danger? Is Max in danger? Sorry, but you have to wait to find out.😅😊