7. Shifting Allegiances

The first thing Stiles could hear was Scott and Alison's voices. They were talking but were soon drowned out by the pain he felt around his body.

He slowly opened his eyes but made sure not to move.

"So how'd he get purple wolfsbane in his blood?" Allison asked. "It couldn't have been Derek, because it would've affected him too."

"No, I think it's from the party. Stiles said he was fine but that's the night he and Erica mated so maybe they were drunk on Wolfsbane." Scott offered.

'Mated?' Stiles thought to himself. 'What are we dogs?'

"But Erica wasn't infected with Wolfsbane." Allison added.

"So she was sober then. You don't think this was planned do you? Using her to get close to Stiles?" Scott asked.

"No, she loves Stiles I can tell." Allison assured.

"How do you know what she feels?" Scott asked in a playfully challenging tone.

"Uh, one I'm a girl, two, I've been a love and three she was desperate to save Stiles' life."

"So you're in love?" Scott asked as if it were the only thing he'd heard.

"You're a typical guy sometimes." She laughed. "But I may just be."

Stiles tuned out before they could start kissing and at the same moment he noticed the feeling of a body next to him. He turned his head and spotted Erica lying next to him.

Stiles looked around, taking in his surroundings. They were at Scott's job, the animal clinic, and they were lying on the metal table in the back. Stiles could feel himself healing slower than normal but luckily some of the pain was
gone.

Stiles just laid and stared at Erica as she
slept. He traced her features with his eyes over and over watching her breath so softly.

Suddenly Erica's body jolted and startled the others. Stiles in his stupor of surprise fell off the table.

Scott and Allison rushed over to help him up. "Hey, are you alright?" Scott asked. Stiles grunted
through his teeth at the pain

"I don't know." He wheezed out. "Might've broken something again."

When they got Stiles to his feet they found Erica sitting up, looking at them sorrowfully. "Are you okay?" She asked him.

Stiles just knodded, eyes locked with hers. He swallowed hard and she blinked like she was trying to keep from crying.

"I.. I.. I don't remember... "She began.

Allison cut in. "You guys were fighting, and
Derek tried to kill Stiles." Erica looked surprised
as she began to recall. "But you saved Stiles from
Derek." Erica gasped this time.

Allison cautiously continued "Stiles was hurt bad from the fight."

"Was it because of me?" She asked quietly

"No, Stiles said quickly. It wasn't your fault." He grabbed hold of her hand and nodded for
them to continue.

"Dr. Deaton had to use wolfsbane to save you but it made Erica.." Scott trailed off in search of the right word. "...feral.." He said. "..and you could sense it. It made you go into seizures." Erica gasped again, this time looking only at stiles with glassy eyes.

"How... did you stop it?" She asked in a quiet
voice.

"I... had to... stun you." Allison's tone bordered on shame.

Erica giggled lights at that surprising them all.

"Wait." Stiles looked to Scott. "Dr. Deaton? As in
your boss?"