𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR
"What Comes After"

When the war is over, it's never really over

When the war is over, it's never really over. There's still more that needs to be done. You still need to know if you can trust people. You have to look over your shoulder even more and be prepared for what comes after. If you know the enemy and know yourself, you shouldn't fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. And if you know neither enemy nor yourself, be prepared for what comes after because you will succumb in every battle face from that day forward...

"Ugh!" Jane groans as she slams the butt of her gun on a walker's head at the same time, she stomps on one on the ground. Jane can feel herself being smothered and adrenaline seeping through her veins. But it only made her more exhausted and made the fight not worth it anymore. She felt the air start to leave her lungs as she pushed another set of walkers away. Her heart thumping could be heard by anyone, even the walkers if they listened close enough.

She was growing weak until her body couldn't handle it anymore. Janes eyes closed and her knees fell beneath her, causing her body to go limp. The gun dropping next to her rattled loudly, drawing more attention to herself before everyone noticed her lying on the concrete passed out.

"Jane!"

A loud gasp escapes her lips as she widens her eyes and looks around her. The sun is shining down on her, it felt as if she could feel the heat beaming down on her tan skin. Jane looked down at her clothes and seen they weren't dirty or sweaty. They were clean and then her gaze fell upon the fresh grass beneath her, and she started to hear her name being called from the distance. "Jane!" she heard, and she couldn't pinpoint the voice, but it was a familiar one.

Jane stood to her feet and spun around in circles, searching for the faint voice that soon came louder and she stopped spinning and felt a pair of hands touch her shoulder. "It's me. Glenn..." His voice echoed through her ears and Janes heart stopped beating for just a moment until she slammed her body into his and wrapped her arms around his neck lovingly. "I miss you" Jane confesses as she pulls away and stares into his eyes, placing her hands on his cheeks to make sure she was seeing correctly.

Jane knew what was going on. It was a dream, but it's the first one where Jane didn't see his face all bloody and his pleading voice as Negan banged the bat on his repeatedly as if he had no emotions what's so ever. Like he had no idea who he would hurt when he killed such a loving friend and husband. "You shouldn't be here" Glenn admits as he stares up at the bright blue sky, his fingers intertwining with Janes, a hand he and she have yearned for so long.

"I know, but I don't want to leave" Jane states before she hears the rustling of the grass from beside her. "It doesn't matter what you want. You don't belong here" Joslyn voice rang out in demand like she used to do when they were younger, and she'd try and tell Jane what to do. "Jos!" Jane shouts out, her arms wrapping around her sister.