✥ 39 | Restart

Three Days Later:

Sanjh had once read that loving too much is unhealthy. She was at a point where she didn't know how much was enough and how much too much. But she knew she wanted to be the one to heal Sidharth, to fix him.

It was ironical really. Back in the college days she would give her friend lectures about how love wasn't meant to be about fixing some guy, it was supposed to be about them too. It wasn't fixing something. For a weird reason, the romance books had plenty of stories where the male lead would have a disturbing past and the female lead would fix him with love.

Sanjh always found that unfair. Love was supposed to be a two way street. You didn't set out to fix people. Love was about finding someone who could make you smile on a bad day, whose presence made your life better. It was supposed to be something that made you better not something that demanded all you time and attention. It was not a project you had to achieve. It was much much more. 

But here she was. Willing to do everything she could to fix Sidharth, heal him if needed. Make him happy. 

She looked around. Things didn't alway work out as one wanted them to. Her parents hadn't been happy when she had shared her decision to get back with Sidharth. They didn't even understand her. Honestly she didn't expect them to understand. With her parents it always had to be her, the one to understand. 

Sanjh had never thought she could chose anyone over her parents. But she did. She chose to be with Sidharth. She chose the hope of her happy family. Hope was the most fragile thing she knew, it broke very easily. Yet she had chosen hope of a happy family over the comfort her parents could provide her. 

Love made people blind. That was true. She was blind to logic.

However, things were never easy, especially for Sidharth and her. Sidharth's father had straight away refused to let Sidharth back in. In fact, he had taken Sanjh into a corner to have a private conversation where he had suggested her to not get back with his son. It was something that Sanjh had absolutely not seen coming. 

How could a father not give a son a second chance? She was his wife and she wanted to give him another chance. She had tried her best to reason with him, tell him that Sidharth had never cheated, that the time was bad. But he was adamant. He didn't want to take back Sidharth in. But he had said that the doors of the house would always be open for her and Raunak. 

So here she was after a rough two days. In a small flat that Sidharth had managed to rent in the short time. It was way too small compared to their home. It had just one bedroom with an attached bathroom, a living room that branched out into a dining area and balcony, and a kitchen. It was modestly furnished.

"I am sorry, this is the best I could get in the short time." 

She turned to look at him. She nodded turning turning the sofa where her son sat happily after managing to switch on the television. The boy was getting smarter by the day. 

Sidharth watched her carefully as she slowly walked around the house. He was not sure if he could take her back to the fact where he had stayed in the past few years. It belonged to Minak and him legally. But with Minal gone, it was his. But he didn't want to take Sanjh there. It just didn't feel right.

Reema had agreed with his decision. "Sidharth, irrespective of the nature of your relationship with Minal, you must remember that for Sanjh, she'll always be the other woman you married, the other woman who was your wife, the other woman you lived with. It may not be easy for her. In fact it may not be easy to get back to life as normal. It will take time. There will be small hurdles to cross. And you cannot just think about yourself. You need to understand that Sanjh, will need emotional support to start over too. You must establish that... that you can count on each other, that you have each other to turn to." She had said.