✥ 50 | Slowly

It was Raunak's first birthday that they would be celebrating together not individually. It wasn't just Raunak who was super excited to cut the cake and be with both his parents, his parents were looking forward to it too.

"The birthday boy is ready!" Sidharth announced as the father-son duo walked out of the room. Sanjh who sat at the dining table slicing potatoes to make fries, looked at her little boy and smiled. He wore a black and grey full sleeve t-shirt with denims, looking just like a mini version of his father.

"You look handsome!" Sanjh commented and the boy had a goofy smile with the hint of blush on his cheeks.

"Ron, say I always look," Sidharth said placing his hand on his son's shoulder. 

Sanjh chuckled at Sidharth's failed attempt at making the boy as smug as he was, especially about his appearance.

"Come over and give me a kiss." Sanjh said opening her arms. Raunak immediately sprinted towards her and in a flash he was in her lap. Sanjh kissed his cheek and hugged him. 

"Do you like the t-shirt?" She asked him. Sidharth had bought the pair of new clothes for him.

"Yes, I love it." He answered.

She smiled. Sidharth had bought a fitting size, in a matter of days the t-shirt wouldn't fit him anymore. Sanjh hadn't explained the fact to him yet. She didn't want to spoil the good mood. Especially not after last night. She could maybe explain it to him later when she took him along to shop for Raunak. 

"Did Daadi call yet?" Raunak asked.

Sanjh glanced at Sidharth who had walked over to the dining table, and stood against it.

"Yes, she did. When you were having a bath."

"I want to talk..to her...and Daadu."

Sanjh smiled at him, raising her gaze to look up at Sidharth. 

"Ron, you talk to them while I will go have a bath and then we will all go out to snow world."

"Yay, mom call Daadi." 

Sanjh picked up her phone, dialing the last number that she had reviewed a call from. She watched as Sidharth retreated back into the room.

* * *

Sanjh entered the roomsome time later, to find Sidharth combing his hair. She stood by the door frame and watched him. It brought back old memories, happy ones. He was dressed in a t-shirt that was remarkably similar to the one that their son wore. She sauntered up to him while he remained busy. 

"Want any help?"

He turned to look at her. His gaze taking in the gorgeous sight of her in a saree. He threw a precautionary glance towards the door before stepping close to her such that she was now against the wall right beside the mirror. Her tastefully dressed body in between the wall and him.

"That depends on how you are willing to help me," he said in a low suggestive voice.

Sanjh took a deep breath and raised her hands to touch his hair. However he held both her wirsts not allowing to touch his hair. "I have just set it." He said, his gaze momentarily dropping to her parted lips.

Sanjh made a disappointed face. "You said I could touch your hair whenever I like."

"Yeah, but not after I spent more than five minutes to set it."

"Ugh, fine. Leave my hands." She said turning her head away.

"It's not really cute, acting like Ron. I won't give in to your fake drama." He remarked with amusement.