Pre-View

It was a warm, sunny day when Tomato and Shotglass had been playing on the playground at school. They were waiting for Panko, then they were all going to practice their powers. Everyone was born with four powers, and one of them was always immensely powerful. Tomato knew how to use one of his powers; Ketchup Blast. Panko knew two of his, which were Bread Crumb Launch and Crunchy Blast. Last but not least, Shotglass knew three powers, he had trouble using one of them. He knew Glass Shield and Glass Storm. He never told them what the third was.

After Panko showed up, they had practice until Tomato's dad, Candycane Man, had shown up with his brother, Bread, and picked him up and the three of them went home. That night had been the last night he'd ever see Bread.

His dad had been the first to notice, and seeing as Tomato was only 8, he had simply told him that Bread had gone on a long vacation to learn to use his power. He only had one, although no one knew what it was at the time of his disappearance.

He was 12 the day his father finally told him the truth on what would've been Bread's 10th birthday. Bread had gone missing, and no one knew where he was. He had disappeared in the middle of the night, without a trace. Tomato always wondered if he was still out there, still alive. When he told his best friends, Shotglass had brought up the idea of leaving the town to find him. He dropped it instantly and apologized, but the idea never left Tomato's head.

When he turned 16, he finally decided that it was time. He had to find his brother, who had now been missing for almost 10 years. The day he decided this, he went into school, and found his friends.