One rainy day and us

character: jamesxphyrre

my 1st ever, hope everyone love it!

---

Smiling at the mirror in front of her, paying attention to a small detail of her pretty red wine dress, phyrre gain more confident for this evening event, her date night with james. It's been long they haven't gone on a date like they used to, work for james and research paper for phyrre really hold them back to enjoy each other company. Dating for almost 5 years since high school, both james and phyrre are grateful to be in this point.

Not that flower and rainbow, some fight might arise from both of them, but their will to be mature and hold on to the precious relationship really keep them survive from stick and stones.

For james, dating his high school sweetheart is such a journey, he's been fallen in love with phyrre since their first meet with the girl at the community library. She's there, with her books, looking extraordinarily ethereal pampering james eyes with beauty and calm. After several times watching phyrre from afar, james gathered his courage to greet phyrre while trying to impressed phyrre with his wit, even tho failed miserably, phyrre genuine appreciation to james failed attempt to be funny and witty really gave away a good amount of affection that james had.

For phyrre, dating someone as gentle and lovely as james is such a blessing, years passed for phyrre looking for love, but never found the one who can be patient enough with all her intrusive thought and insecurity. That day, when james approach phyrre, phyrre already know he is interested with her. Frankly, phyrre has her guard up and scared of what would happens when james knows all of her side. She knows that james goes to the same school as her, with a very prestige reputation around the school even the city, and really gorgeous face, phyrre thinks that she has no chance with him, not even a single second, so she ignores him and all the hopeful thinking she has. And yes, her laugh for james failed attempt to appear witty and funny really caught phyrre off guards, since phyrre think james always so witty and funny in class he doesn't need to try so hard, that thinking alone warms phyrre heart, james trying harder to impress her than anyone else. Phyrre officially caught james eyes and heart.

From there, every evening they would hang out at the library, talking and joking in whisper voices. The more both of them spend times together, the more both of them fall in love. James with his considerate and gentle being, melt phyrre. And phyrre open minded and kind being, capture james whole.

The 1st time james so sure about phyrre being in his life is a right choice and he wants phyrre to stay with him was during the 2nd year of their relationship where james for the first time bring someone to his home so he could introduce phyrre to his whole family, she just seems like she is in the right place with james family, his family love phyrre right away, even his 4 younger siblings attach to phyrre right away. She treats his house assistant with kindness and respect like she treats everyone. And his mom and dad approve phyrre right away.

The first time phyrre so sure about james being in her life is a right choice and she wants james to stay with her was on their 3rd anniversary, they supposed to go out, having a nice dinner together enjoying life and their relationship, phyrre got a short call from her mother to go to hospital, since her dad was hospitalized, without thinking, phyrre just ditch the whole date, and go to the hospital. And james being james, he comes after phyrre mom called james as well, being beside phyrre, being her support system, and being patient with all of her whole being in her lowest part of her life until finally her dad passed away, but james with so much confident, firmly promise that he would take care of phyrre for her father.

Still waiting, james throw his gaze to the outside world where drop by drop rain is pouring down. James immediately gets up and find phyrre in the bedroom looking so pretty with her red wine dress and culy hair. Stepping behind phyrre while embracing her waist from behind, james kissed her shoulder lightly making phyrre smiling.

"I guess our plan for tonight needs to be canceled" james said carefully so he won't upset phyrre "it's pouring out there, I'm afraid something undesirable happens to my pretty queen"

"You and your sweet mouth" phyrre said with small warm smile, turned around caress james cheek before giving small kiss on the same place "we can stay at home, order some take out and watch some movie. It sounds cozy"

"Damn, I need to worship whoever God that gave you to me. Where else I got such a kind and understanding person like you? I think I hit jackpot" james said genuine while phyrre just laughing from james saying.

"let's change into something comfortable, yeah? I'll order some Chinese?" phyrre break away from james embrace to take her phone and order some food for their night before prepare the pyjamas for both her and james.

James take the pyjamas and change his attire with phyrre doing the same thing in the bathroom. He quickly goes down to the living room to prepare things and the take away. When phyrre goes down, she smiles seeing everything already prepared, sometimes james just so sweet for goodness' sake. She sits down beside james and lean to james right after james click the play button.

They watch 50 first date with adam sandles and drew Barrymore. It was actually the movie they watch for their 1st date. Yeah, that's a little bit cringe, but it was funny. Even funnier since phyrre doesn't even realize they are on date if it's not because james joking about it, right after that, on dinner in one of james family fancy restaurant, james ask phyrre to be his official girlfriend, and phyrre said yes.

The whole time, both phyrre and james can't stop joking around or just reminiscing their time together. Until the last part of the movie, phyrre see the change of james demeanour right away, he seems more uptight and nervous while thinking about something in his head.

"a penny for your thought?" phyrre holds james bigger hand delicately.

"i..." james sounds really nervous "I was thinking for so long"

"..." phyrre gave time for james to say what's in his mind, what's bothering him so suddenly, is there something wrong with their relationship, or he is a little upset on how they can't do their original plan.

"I was thinking for so long, how you capture my heart, my family heart, even my friend heart. How you change my life, how you just being my happy pills with just being there with me." James's start looking less nervous than before "and who am I trying to fool, I am not good with word and yet you understand me thoroughly. You radiate kindness and love wherever you go, and I am just so lucky you choose to be with me than other eligible man out there"

"..." phyrre still listening while hold james hand tighter to help him out of his nervous

"I was planning some fancy dinner, with candle light so it sounds so romantic and full effort. Again, who am I trying to fool... you are not a girl who thinks something memorable just because it's fancy. You love something so simple people forget they have that aspect, I love how you still enjoy the night with me just because it's our time together and nothing else could interfere with our time" james finally smiling to phyrre "and I can't say much romantic word for sure, the most romantic thing I could say to you is..."

"..." phyrre eyes started to glisten from tears when she realizes the whole point of the talk, and a single tear fall when she sees james kneeling on the floor, taking out a velvet box with one pretty ring inside

"Be with me forever?'' James finally asks, while Phyrre does not trust her voice without crying in happiness, she just nods eagerly. Right after james sees phyrre nodding, he takes phyrre to his arms and raise her up out of happiness, he is the happiest man alive right now with phyrre smiling brightly in his arms

"It is the bare minimum, but you are lucky I love you" phyrre tease james with cheek still wet from the tears, both of them finally laughing. James's caress phyrre cheek with full affection before kissed her right there.

The time seems to be frozen in their kiss, james hold phyrre tight, and phyrre hold james tight. They might not be perfect, and they still have long way to go. But as long as they have each other, they will hold on to that. Till death do them part.