Have we met before

(Inspired by Sarah Barrios ft Eric Nam song, have we met before)

sorry for the long break, and hope everyone enjoy it

Tony PoV

Monday morning, the morning that most people hate the most without any solid reason beside it was the first day of the week. Let's be real, I think those who said that having a hard time overcame the hangover from the weekend. But again, who am I to judge when I have a work from anywhere job, so I don't have any obligation to go to office each morning with a cup of either hot or iced coffee, I could just go to the coffee shop, sit there for hours while working on my job, like what I do right now.

2 hours already I sit here making love with my laptop, doing my job, and finally deciding that I need a new cup of coffee. I gaze around the place to make myself aware of the surroundings when my eyes fall on the most beautiful scenery just on the corner of my table.

Long black hair, brown big eyes that look even more brilliant with her glasses frame, her long lashes, the pointy cute nose, and a nice fat on her cheeks skimming over a green book that looks so familiar with black tall coffee on the side.

Then it hit me, I felt so warm inside just by gazing at her direction, there was a pull towards her, the familiar feelings radiated from her. My mind keeps working and trying to link her to any of my existing memories inside the complicated system, and yet nothing came out, not even a single name linked to her in my whole existence. This is weird yet exciting at the same time. I feel like I have experienced this thing and connected with her in some kind of way, yet my brain can't seem to pull anything linked to her existence in my life.

Then our eyes meet in the middle, she has such a friendly gaze compare to mine who has such a sharp gaze, she has the most beautiful hazel eyes I have ever seen my whole life, then she smiles with such a lovely smile warm my heart even more, oh god... if you are real, I just wish, maybe she is the one for me, how lucky am I if that really happens?

This is so weird, being a writer who always writes a bunch of light novels despite having no experience about the matter my whole life, suddenly feeling like this, like the story I have been writing since ages. Feels weird and scary yet so exciting to get to know her and feel the whole feelings for the first time in my life. I brace myself to stand up, leave my laptop and belongings on my table to go to her and get to know her.

Lyn PoV

Such a warm and lovely weather for a Monday morning, more reason for people to be mad on Monday since they can't get some slack. Taking the green cover book with "maybe in another life I knew you" as a title, I walked to my favourite coffee shop.

I always walk to the coffee shop since it's only a 15 minutes' walk from my apartment. The coffee shop has this cosy and warm feeling from the interior and how friendly the workers there are. I knew this coffee shop since I moved to my recent apartment to pursue my dream to be accepted to my dream college.

"Hey Lyn!" greet one of the workers here, most of them already know me since I come here a lot to spend my day or just get a tall glass of coffee "which one you prefer today? Black or latte?"

"I think I would like to have black hot coffee to accompany me lurking around the newest book of my favourite author" I answer nicely.

"Ahh, maybe in another life I knew you right? I read it yesterday, it was really bitter sweet, but you would love the climax of the story. I gave it solid 8 for the plot and 10 out of 10 for the character development" comment the worker, we have similarity in our love for books, we always discuss about books whenever I am here "I'll send it to your usual table, today it's on the house since we miss our most loyal customer last week"

"ahahahaha, it's okay actually, but thank you Luna for the coffee" I said before sitting on my regular table, near the corner table with a very big window to the busy street.

Not even 5 minutes later, my coffee arrived at the table with some sugar cubes if Maybe I prefer something sweeter than the house serve, which is not necessary since I drink it as it was. I put my focus and attention to the book where the magic was about 2 souls is a fated one by the universe got cursed so they will die painfully and re-born just to try to meet each other in other life or they will forever feel like something is missing just to be die painfully again not long after they find each other, such a cruel way to make 2 souls to be completing each other and rip them apart not long after.

Not long before I finish the last 50 pages, I feel like someone stares at me. There I found the person who stared at me. A man around 25 years old, light blue eyes and frizzy hair, I bet he has smooth hair from the way it looks. I think he is around 6 feet and has such a sharp stare. I don't know what to do about it so I just smile at him which is shocking but with a little bit of red dust on his fair cheeks.

The moment he smiles back with the same amount of eagerness, I realise that there is some tug in my heart telling me that he looks and feels familiar, but no matter how much my brain tries to work and find any existence of him in my life before, somehow it always fails... like a familiar stranger.

1 minute becomes 20 minutes with him still staring at me while I'm trying to keep reading the book in front of me, even though I keep failing. Hundred times already I'm trying to read and understand the same page over and over again, my brain keeps trying to divert my attention and focus on the man on the table in the corner of the table, ahh.... I gave up, I can't continue reading before I get the information my brain wants.

I put my books down to get up.

No One PoV

The moment Lyn put her books down, Tony was already in front of her smiling awkwardly with some blush painting the face. Seeing the blush, lyn smiles warmly and has the same rend taint on her tanned skin.

"hi... it sounds cheesy, but my brain can't seem to remember you, while my whole existence I think you have a very interesting thought that I might know you dearly" said the man with somehow nice tone and confidence "but, I am tony... Anthony"

Soft smile appears on lyn's face while learning about the reason tony came to her, the same reason that lyn almost came to him as well.

"hi, Anthony" lyn greeted softly "I am lyn, marilyn..."