The Final Heartbreak

character: JuanXMaddie

hope you enjoy! this is my attemp to make angst.

---

"It doesn't matter if you meant it or not. The pain is still real. How much pain do you have to go through before giving up is okay?"

"You're allowed to fall apart a little."

The night getting colder as the star getting brighter, a shadow of a tall woman can be seen walking with fast pace taking a big step closer to her home. Even though it is a cold home these days, she never seems to feel uncomfortable with it, it is her home.

Carrying a small box of hot take away for dinner, her face showing excitement to share the food for her love one that she shares the home with. It's always been their tradition where she would be at home around 9pm bringing some warm take out, and her love, Juan, would come one or two hour later and enjoy the food before go to sleep.

When Maddie finally arrived home, she found out that the door wasn't lock and even though the house is dark, the bedroom is bright with lamp, Maddie supposed to be the first one to arrive because Juan usually comes home around 11 or 12 midnight. Thinking the possibility that Juan might come home early and surprise her, making her face lit with happiness and excitement, does Juan remember the day after tomorrow is their 3rd anniversary?

Excitement and darkness making Maddie blind of the truth behind the odd that happening, all the scattered clothe pieces around the living room, the bright pink heels right next to Juan shoes near the door and the smell of sex around the house.

Putting the take out on the kitchen stool, Maddie missed the half vodka bottle with 2 glasses, one of the has bright pink lipstick stain near the edge and the other one has almost transparent lipstick stain with the same shade as the other one near the sink. Walking upstairs, Maddie can hear some loud whispers from the bedroom along with some moans, don't want to believe her ears, she keeps walking to proof that it wasn't real or even its just some short of prank Juan used to pull to her.

Standing in front of their bedroom together where all the loud whispers that sounds so sweet and moans, her head trying their best to avoid the disaster and heartbreak that about to unfold, but the heart is just so persistent to proof that the battle heart already lost are not how it sounds like.

"j-Juann, Maddie will ahhh, Maddie wo-would be hunghhhome any mi ahh, minute" that's it, that's the last straw for Maddie being an idiot standing there listening to the truth she tried to deny, the voice just so familiar....

That voice, the voice that always try to make Maddie broke up with Juan. The voice that always help he through her cry and heartbreak whenever Juan cheated on her. The voices that encourage her to date Juan as well. The voice that Maddie always hears since her childhood. The voice of her childhood best friend.

Maddie in the verge of broke down open the door accidentally loud making the two people that she shares almost everything with turn their head to Maddie and freeze immediately. Maddie just smiles to the before taking the handle of the door.

"Oh sorry, I don't mean to interrupt your activities.... I thought my so-called boyfriend trying to surprise me for our 3rd anniversary, well... I do surprise, but in other way" Maddie tightens her grip to her lovely blue dress so hard until her palm are bleeding. "Well, I can wait on the living room, just make sure you guys clean the room, because I'm too tired if I need to clean everything today, I want to just lay down"

Without anyone else say anything, Maddie quickly closes the door and go back to the living room. Wanting to cry but her heart somehow being too numb to feel anything, both her heart and head are busy processing all the thing that she saw and realize just a matter of minutes. Maddie thought that her so-called boyfriend and best friend would be finished in maybe 30 more minutes to finished their activity, but not even 10 minutes, her best friend already fresh in her boyfriend shirt and jeans, looking freshly fucked. Maddie eyed them when they finally downstair, with a hurt and disappointed look, her friend eyes glistening with tear.

"don't say anything. I don't need anything... I saw what I need to see, and from here... I think there's only 2 choices and either of them would be painful for me, just go home and never talk to me" Maddie says to her so-called best friend with nothing in her eyes "I hope you don't need to feel what I feel in the near future"

After Maddie best friend gone home, Maddie finally sees eye to eye to her soon to be ex-boyfriend, for good now. He only shows pity on his face and not even a single remorse of what have he done shown on his face. And reality slaps Maddie so hard right there. The finale realisation slips into her mind, with a sorrow smile Maddie take a step forward closer to Juan, slips her hand to Juan face gently for a second, stare into Juan eyes for the last time with so much hurt and disappointment before stepping back to her original place.

"I... I am sorry" said Juan that Maddie knows only a pity apology. Maddie eyes slowly glistening with tears, finally feeling broken and battered before it pouring down in a second. Seeing Maddie tears, Juan expression slowly change into some regret.

In that exact moment, Juan remembers everything. The love Maddie always been providing without him giving it. The comfort she always been providing whenever Juan days are shit. He remembers how Maddie have been so patient with him, gave him chances whenever he fucked up. The smile of encouragement whenever Juan says he wanted to try something absolutely ridiculous, the warm of Maddie embrace whenever he finally achieves something, even though it's nothing compare to what Maddie have been achieving all the time they are together. He fucked up really bad this time, but he doesn't want Maddie to be out of his life. He always knows deep down, no matter how many girls he dated behind Maddie, that Maddie is all he needs, that's why he always come back to Maddie no matter what.

Juan opens his mouth to say he is sorry sincerely only stopped by Maddie who are covering his mouth. Stepping away from Juan even more, Maddie slaps away Juan hand when Juan tries to reach out to her, holding the tall yet slim body into his embrace to comfort her. That scared Juan so much, Maddie rejection of his embrace, is the absolute sign that she had enough.

"No Juan, I don't know anymore, I've been trying to give you chances. But..." Maddie sitting down afraid she will fall from her trembling feet "It doesn't matter if you meant it or not. The pain is still real. How much pain do I have to go through before giving up is okay?"

"No, you are no—" Juan body getting cold thinking a lot of possibilities that he used to desire. Stepping ahead trying to get closer to Maddie even an inch, but Maddie rejecting him with stepping even further.

"I can't Juan. It's too painful for me" Maddie trying to meet Juan eyes to appear strong "no matter how many chances I gave you, you always successfully proofed that I'm not supposed to trust you, even with my best friend. And I have enough"

"I, I will try to be be—" again Maddie cut Juan word heartlessly so she won't need to hear any bullshit from Juan and get into the same cycle more.

"No Juan, stop with all the crap reasoning you have, and all the empty word you promise me" Maddie stands up, taking her purse and hand Juan the take out she bring for both of them "this, eat it, I hope you will be happy with whoever she is, and I wish you take care of yourself... please, don't hurt my best friend"

"I will be back tomorrow" Maddie says giving a little hope for Juan to fix everything "and I hope I could bring all my things in one travel"

"and juan" maddie called "You're allowed to fall apart a little. it's only if you feel you might"

Right after Maddie goes out from their home, Juan tears fell and his feet wobbly. In that moment, Juan finally realises how stupid he is to hurt Maddie like that while she still care for both people who hurt her deeply.