Chapter 3

The morning was cool but Mike could still see the steam rolling with his breath mixed with the steam of his coffee. Mike rubbed his eyes and headed to his unmarked cruiser. The police radio was silent besides the occasional 10-8 call-out. The station itself was also quiet Josie sat at her desk typing away Mike nodded to her and she raised her hand slightly to him as he passed. Mike sat at his desk and sighed that the victim's files from yesterday were still on the desk. He moved them aside and set his coffee where it used to be. Mike looked around his office. It wasn't a big office; it had a desk, 3 shelves, and about 17 boxes of open case files. He picked up the victim's files again and started reading through them taking in every detail even though there was not much to read. The victims' names were Olivia and Andrew Morgan. They lived in a small 2-room trailer in the Sandy Shores area. They lived simple lives with Olivia working at the local 24/7 and Andrew working at the gun store. Mike rubbed his eyes. His forehead creases as he does, there was nothing here that helped him Mike tossed the file back onto the table rested his head on his hands, and sighed. "There's only one way I can catch this guy," Mike thought to himself "I need more bodies" he sighed again and got up, and left the messy office.