Chapter Five

I had finished all of the paperwork I had with me and walked over to Ebenezer's desk. He looked up at me. "I've finished all of the paperwork I was given." He nodded and took out his pocket out. "You can go home for the day, dear." I looked at him confused. "What ? Are you sure ?" He nodded smiling up at me.

"Yes, and take Prudence with you." Prudence sat up from her bed wagging her tail. I nodded. "Okay." I quickly give him a kiss before walking to the door, Prudence following. "See you later, Ebenezer, I love you." Ebenezer looked up from his desk. "I love you too, (Y/n)." I looked over to Bob and smiled. "Goodbye, Bob. Give your wife and children my best wishes will you ?."

He modded. "Will do, (Y/n). Goodbye." I left the bank and looked at the pocket watch. It's only 4 o'clock. He let me off two hours early. I looked at Prudence and smiled. "Want to go see a friend ?" I asked and she barked happily. I laughed and we walked home. Unlocking the door I rush upstairs into the guest bedroom. Going into the drawer I had left the ring in. I picked it up and opened the box.

I let out a sigh of relief to see it's still there. I put it in my pocket and left down the stairs where Prudence was waiting. "Come now Prudence. Time to give Ethel a visit." We left the house, remembering to lock the door behind me. We got to Ethel and Bob's house. I knocked on the door and Ethel opened it with her baby.

"Oh hello, (Y/n). Prudence. Come in." She said letting us in. I put my coat and hat on the hanger taking the ring out. "What did you want to talk about ?" Ethel said as we walked into the sitting room. "Kathy could you take your sister for me." She gives Katherine the baby and she nodded. "Of course mother." She walks out to where the other children where.

"I need some help." We sat down on the sofa. "With what, (Y/n) ?." I let out a sigh and smiled. "With proposing to him, Ethel. I have no idea how I'm going to do..." she smiles putting her hand on mine. "Do you have a set day ?" I nodded. "Christmas. Our one year anniversary."

"Now that's sweet. Do you have any ideas ?"

"I have an idea. But I don't know if to go with it." I said smiling at her. "Wrap it in a gift. And when he opens it I ask him the question." She blinked at me. "(Y/n), that is an amazing idea. You should do it. We have four days till Christmas." I nodded. "Come, come." She says getting up. I followed after her. Going into her and Bob's shared bedroom. Getting out wrapping paper. "Oh- Ethel I can get my own wrapping paper-"

She hushed me. "No no, let me at least be helping with it." I laughed. "Alright." I get out the ring and we wrap it up. Walking back down the stairs and putting it back into the pocket of my coat. We chatted for a while till I noticed the time. "Oh my, it's nearly 6." Ethel nodded. "Yes, Bob and Ebenezer will be leaving soon."

I walked to the door and got my coat and hat on. "Thank you. For your help, Ethel." She smiled. "It's alright, (Y/n). Good luck." I nodded. "Come now Prudence !" I called, Prudence coming back. I opened the door saying goodbye to Ethel and her children.

We got back home before Ebenezer. I rushed up stairs and put the ring back into drawer and went back down the stairs. Sitting down on the sofa. Prudence laying down on her bed, when the door opens. "(Y/n) ? I'm home." I walked out to him. "Hi, Ebenezer." He smiled putting his coat and hat on the hanger. He pulls me in by my waist. Smiling, I pulled him in kissing him.

He kissed back, pushing me closer. I pulled back and smiled. "Let's go upstairs." I whispered. We left upstairs and into the bedroom, I pulled him back in kissing him. Him kissing me back, backing me into the bed. I pulled back as I smirked at him. He looked at me before realising what I mean, him blushing.

I laughed. "We don't have to do it, Ebenezer. If you don't want to." I cupped his face, he put his hand on mine, leaning in my hand. "I...I do want to." I smiled looking at him in his eyes. "Are you sure ??" He nodded. "Yes." I smiled and pulled him in, laying on the bed. I kissed him, pulling him closer to me.

....

I deleted this part but imma put it back in. Do y'all want a spicy scene ? Or do y'all want me to skip it the next chapter ? Comment skip or spicy :). Don't worry I'm unpublishing and publishing the chapter again so you can re read it to get to this part.