Chapter Seven- Thursday

Beep! Beep! Bee-

I slammed my hand down on the alarm clock, stopping it mid-beep. I felt a lot more energetic than I had the day before. Thank goodness, I thought to myself.

After I got dressed and did my business in the bathroom, I headed downstairs. Dad had made waffles.

"Good morning," I said to both him and Sakura. I grabbed a plate, two waffles, and a glass of orange juice and I sat down. When I bit into one of the waffles, a tingle went down my spine.

"This... this is..." I gasped. "It's so good!" After I gobbled up the waffles, I grabbed a small, plastic bag and stuffed several waffles into it.

"What are you doing?" Sakura asked with a puzzled expression on her face.

I turned to her. "I'm getting some for Yuki. They're just so good, I can't imagine NOT giving some to him."

"Thank you," Dad laughed. "Now, hurry to school. I'll see you later!"

"Alright," I said as I stood up. "Bye, Dad. Bye, monster." Sakura growled and rolled her eyes, and I exited the house.

When I biked around the corner, I saw Yukito standing in his usual spot.

"Hey, Touya!" he called. "Are you ready for our test today?"

"Yeah," I replied. "Now, let's hurry. We don't want to be late." Yukito nodded, and the two of us went to school.

When we got to our classroom and sat down, I pulled out the bag of waffles that I had gotten for Yukito.

"Are those waffles?" he asked. I nodded and opened the bag.

"Yeah, Dad made them. I, uh...got some for you," I mumbled.

"Oh!" Yukito exclaimed. "Thanks, Touya!"

I blushed and turned away. "I just thought that you would like them, that's all." Yukito smiled at me and bit into one of the waffles.

"Oh, my goodness!" he shouted. "It's so delicious!" Yukito's face lit up like a star. Has he ever looked happier?

"You really like food..." I mumbled.

Yukito giggled. "Yeah, I sure do!" Just then, our teacher walked in.

"Hey, kids!" he said. "I hope you guys are ready for your test." The entire class groaned, and the teacher just laughed.

"Thanks to those waffles, I'm sure I'll do great!" Yukito chirped. I smiled and squeezed his shoulder. Our teacher walked around the classroom and handed the test to everyone.

"Good luck!" he said as I began working.

After everyone finished the test, our teacher handed them back to us.

"Oh, I got a 100!" Yukito said. "What did you get, Touya?"

"I got a 100, too."

"Looks like those waffles really do work miracles!" laughed Yukito. I smiled and patted him on the back.

"You're so cute..." I whispered.