R U I N

My eyes fluttered open, and memories of last night appeared inside my head

    My eyes fluttered open, and memories of last night appeared inside my head. Everything felt groggy along with a harsh headache, a hand laid across my forehead and slowly traveled to my flushed cheeks. Alistair stood above me with a blank face like always, I hate that I can't read what he's thinking.

"What you did last night was reckless and stupid." He hummed, his eyes roaming my face checking god knows what.

"So taking drugs is reckless? You're reckless and stupid as well then." I said, bluntly.

I pushed away his hand, everything about this man is frustrating even his touch felt heavy against my skin.

"I'm used to drugs, you're not." He says.

"Okay, well I guess I'm used to them now."

I sat up, my legs dangling off the bed with my body slightly hunched over.

"Don't say that." He replied, quietly.

"But it's okay if you do? I truly don't understand you."

His jaw clenched even tighter before storming off, his back was turned as his hand ran down his entire face. "Just stay away from Knox."

"No, you don't get to do that." I said, my feet carrying me towards him. Am I speaking up, yes I am. "You never give me answers."

"It's honestly driving me insane, and pissing me off."

The way he stares at me, the way he knows what I'm thinking before I even do, the way he touches me in the softest way possible yet he claims to be some type of monster. It's confusing me, I don't even know who I am and he makes me feel like I'm in danger and I don't know whether to fear it or enjoy it.

"Why can't I say that?" I asked, my voice sounding tired.

He slowly turns back around, his eyes instantly lock on mine. He is a type of beauty that is dangerous and frankly scares the shit out of me but it's addicting, I'm addicted to the way he makes me feel. Is that normal?

"Because I don't give a fuck if drugs destroy me, but with you," he says, his finger carefully tucked a piece of my blonde hair behind my ear. "I give a fuck."

His hand touched my cheek along with the side of my neck, my stomach was swarming with butterflies. My body pressed against his and my eyes kept flickering between his eyes and mouth, I wanted him to kiss me.

I have an idea, and I hope he doesn't kill me for it.

"When you saw that man on top of me, what's the first thing that came to mind?" I whispered, my voice sounding silky.

He didn't respond, I think he's concerned that he might scare me off but luckily for him, I don't scare easily. "He was going to hurt me, Alistair."

His eyes darkened, I could see the raw anger in his eyes and there was no way he could ever try to hide that.