XXV. FIRST DATE

(play Sending My Love by Zhané now)

"NIGGA, you asked my sis' on a date and you dont know where you taking her?" Fuckshit asked Ray.

"It was an impulsive decision, okay!" Ray threw his hands up.

Fuckshit threw the mini basketball into the air while laying down, catching it before it hit his face.

"I dunno man, I aint never took no female out before." Fuckshit shrugged.

"Of course you havent, you would get them pregnant before you're able to." Ray sighed.

Both boys were currently in Ray's room, trying to come up with ideas. Ray was panicking because it was his girlfriend and Fuckshit was being picky because Addy is basically his sister at this point and he wanted the best for her.

"Well you can't take her to the courtyards that's for sure."

Ray's mom knocked on his bedroom door frame before entering. Ray's attention continued to stay focused on the clothes in his closet.

"What yall talking about?"

"Ray asked a girl on a date but didnt plan it before, and it's in like three hours." Fuckshit spilled.

Ray glared at his best friend, wishing that he could keep his fucking mouth shut sometimes.

"The girl you told me bout?" Ray's mom assumed.

"Yeah...now i'm officially the worst boyfriend alive." Ray sighed.

"Eh, not the worse. I mean there's Stevie...he's too young. Fourthgrade wouldn't really know anything and Ruben would be worried about himself more than the girl, and I mean there's me. So you're basically the best outta all of us." Fuckshit pointed out.

Ray's mom laughed at Fuckshit's comment.

"What time did you say you're picking her up?"

"Seven." Ray mumbled.

"Go get ready, I'll take care of it." Ray's mom said.

"But mom-"

"I said I got it, trust me baby."

Ray smiled before hugging his mom. "Thanks ma."

Ray's mom hugged him back. "You're welcome baby."

Now Ray drove on the freeway, heading to the reseruant. One hand was on the wheel while the other sat on Addy's thigh. The boy smiled to himself as he caught a glimpse of Addy gazing at the view of Los Angeles from the window.